Death Island- Koh Tao

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Death Island- Koh Tao

Post by Ian Yarwood »

Japanese deaths covered-up by Koh Tao locals and the Royal Thai Police.

Hiroshi died after participating in a SNORKEL TEST.

Yoshie Sazawa aka "Sharlyn" died in suspicious circumstances but the Royal Thai Police dismissed her death as "suicide by stress" (whatever that means).

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@Ian Yarwood Have you lost a friend or family member on Koh Tao?

I am just wondering what your motivation is to run your YouTube page and keep posting here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:14 pm @Ian Yarwood Have you lost a friend or family member on Koh Tao?

I am just wondering what your motivation is to run your YouTube page and keep posting here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ive asked the same question and I figure its all about keeping his you tube going
He also has a twitter account that does the same, https://twitter.com/IanYarwood_Law
even asked the gen to lose him but as it generates traffic he wont do that>>
a one trick pony
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:34 pm ive asked the same question and I figure its all about keeping his you tube going
He also has a twitter account that does the same, https://twitter.com/IanYarwood_Law
even asked the gen to lose him but as it generates traffic he wont do that>>
a one trick pony
I think his channel is quite interesting as do many others on here, It must really upset Thai Fanboys..... which is evident from your request for GM to remove him from here! omg, that is embarrassing mate, I wouldn't have made that public knowledge, it reminds me of the kid that used to run to the teacher to snitch on the others.

Now I understand how I and others have received swiftly inflicted 1 week bans if they dare upset you.. you probably complained to GM about those as well.

But back on topic if his channel isn't for you please spare us your cancel culture mentality and accept that others have different interests and perspectives to you
and have the same rights to share them on a public forum as you. :hattip:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I suppose a similar question can be asked: Why does a member have a problem with someone posting about something they're not interested in/approve of?

Easy solution: Don't read the topic. There are a great variety of topics on CEO not all of which will appeal to everyone. Easy to spot: topic title/last poster

Or is it because the topic got hijacked and they're precious about that?

Or is it because they don't like any topics that disparage Thailand?

These are the key questions in life :mrgreen:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Look i have ZERO problem with bad news about thailand, fuck I started this thread 4 years ago!!!
but to keep rehashing the deaths like its todays news is what gets me

if there new deaths, bring it on

upset me all ya like, i dont give a fuck, its the internet not real life :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
So sorry this is upsetting and disturbing for you.

So you're going to continue to give us your personal view as to what you think is acceptable on CEO in terms of 'new news' or 'rehash news' from now on..?

In fact, this is not the first time you've tried to shut down a topic that didn't meet your approval..

post448589.html#p448589

Who are you to determine these things? The world doesn't revolve around you and what you think..

I say pull your head in and I repeat: DON'T READ if it doesn't interest you or meets your personal approval. If you have issues with what's posted, instead of posting publicly and potentially disrupting topics, either report the post or contact one of the mods. And if no action is taken by the mods, you can take it that we didn't feel any action was warranted.

Edit: I might add that you have a real issue about mod censorship on this forum...yet, here you are trying to get us to do just that.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^ Yes, I agree that if a topic title doesn't interest you, then ignore it. Death Island- Koh Tao is an explicit title on Thailand. You know what the subject is. You don't like it, then avoid it.

I have more problems with posters who go off topic to discuss American politics on Cambodian related news. For example, sometimes I think I'm going to read about some Cambodian news, then suddenly Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump appear on my screen and the whole discussion turns into a left/right US political brawl.
I think that minimum mod censorship is a good policy, but we need to regulate ourselves. :friends:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I think it's good to keep drawing attention to these unsolved cases. The victims are still dead, the perps still unpunished, there's no reason whatsoever to "shut up" about it. Keep going.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic