Death Island- Koh Tao

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Death Island- Koh Tao

Post by Ian Yarwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 am

Video marks the 20th anniversary of the little known murder of Ian Jacobs on Koh Tao. Ian was from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham UK aged 35.

It is also a dedication to the memory of 17 other foreigners who perished on Death Island, Thailand.

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 am

You do these tributes so well, Ian.
I have had three western friends murdered in Cambodia, all deeply related to the water. Maybe that is why i am so moved by your pieces. It is important to me too that we keep their spirits alive.

Two of my friends never had justice either. One did - perfectly.
One was shot on board his boat and his body put to sea
his partner (and another man who i did not know) was taken from that boat and murdered two months later in Tuol Sleng.
The third, the frenchman who sold me the kayaks, many years ago, that i still use today.

I know it sounds a bit morbid, but it actually helps me resolve all this when i acknowledge their ghosts swimming all around me - in the waters i call home.
Good memories too. and wisdom and inspiration..
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks Stern. Condolences on your losses too.
wheninroam
Tourist

Post by wheninroam » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 pm

"high travel costs or something"
Thais to afraid to visit Koh Tao according to the police chief. Guess they need more CCTV.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic