Snooky Tuk Tuk

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Snooky Tuk Tuk

Post by bobsboots »

Does anyone know the price,or have any tales, about getting a tuk tuk from Snooky train station down to the golden lions area
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Snooky Tuk Tuk

Post by Fourkinnel »

Tuk tuk, I would expect to pay no more than $5. on moto $3.
BUT, I would expect to be asked for anything up to $20 especially if you have luggage.
$5 in your hand ready should do it!
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Thanks for that.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 pm Tuk tuk, I would expect to pay no more than $5. on moto $3.
BUT, I would expect to be asked for anything up to $20 especially if you have luggage.
$5 in your hand ready should do it!
mate the tuk tuks are demanding $6 from the Downtown bus station to the golden lions, piss taking cunts, told em to fuck off lol

OP id expect them to demand $10 if youve got luggage, if you got no luggage jump on the back of a motodop, $2-3
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Yeah, Jamie, I've been hearing the tuk tuk drivers are getting more cuntish. I'm moving to Cambodia in September after 20 years in Jakarta. Cunts in tuk tuks aside, it still seems a much better country to be in. Cheers, mate.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bobsboots wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:51 pm Yeah, Jamie, I've been hearing the tuk tuk drivers are getting more cuntish. I'm moving to Cambodia in September after 20 years in Jakarta. Cunts in tuk tuks aside, it still seems a much better country to be in. Cheers, mate.
no worries, ill let you know when im back in SHV later this year and will try cross paths for a beer :beer3:
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

For sure.
jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

Avoid the tuk tuks in the tourist areas and find people who have reasonable prices.
Most of the tuk tuks in tourist areas (Serendipity, Occheuteal) are spoiled to make fast cash on tourists and will not waste their time carting you around for reasonable prices.
It's not worth arguing for a price that you want, just walk away.
Most respectable business can coordinate a reasonable price with someone they know.
Otherwise take a motodup downtown and negotiate a fair price on where you want to go/daily rate with some drivers who aren't corrupted by giving 20 dollar rides across town.
jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

There is a Snooky train station?
I'm outdated on all the new stuff.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jayblues wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm There is a Snooky train station?
I'm outdated on all the new stuff.
yeah its somewhere near the port i think,
have you not seen the news about the train between SHV and PP, that opened again last year?
goes SHV>Kampot>Takeo>Phnom Penh and visa versa
about $7.50 and i think takes around 8ish hours due to long stops at each station i think
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic