Frenchman Attacks One LadyBoy; Gets Jumped By 20 More LadyBoys at Candy Bar on Street 136, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Frenchman Attacks One LadyBoy; Gets Jumped By 20 More LadyBoys at Candy Bar on Street 136, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

the doc is unsigned
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Frenchman Attacks One LadyBoy; Gets Jumped By 20 More LadyBoys at Candy Bar on Street 136, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by epidemiks »

frank lee bent wrote:the doc is unsigned
It's a translation of the signed document.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 pm So the owner of a shithole bar.. or should we just call him a pimp given the whole bar fine set up thing is complaining that his bar is being viewed in a bad light.
I think he's a she:

https://www.facebook.com/noi.sovichea
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I note that she never complained about the truth of a related topic, titled "Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote:Hey they only have a few mobile ladyboys, not twenty of them.
Hahaha! To think they actually got a law firm to translate this and then type it up is hilarious.

"...my Candy Bar only has few lady boys working in a mobile manner..."

I don't think I've ever heard that put so eloquently before.

"Are you a freelance hooker?"

"No, but I work in a mobile manner."

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

epidemiks wrote:
Correct. Here is the original document in Khmer:

Cam Nivag wrote:I note that she never complained about the truth of a related topic, titled "Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him"
Yeah, we got sent a scan of the girl's Cambodian ID and offered free drinks for that story, but she wants to sue us for this one.

I might have to get Peter David to represent CEO. :facepalm:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 pm
epidemiks wrote:

Cam Nivag wrote:I note that she never complained about the truth of a related topic, titled "Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him"
Yeah, we got sent a scan of the girl's Cambodian ID and offered free drinks for that story, but she wants to sue us for this one.

just curious, but does this doc hold any kind of 'legal standing'? is it a 'criminal' or 'civil' complaint? perhaps a bit of 'foreplay' in case there is some future action?

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Candybar no doubt has a high percentage a ladyboy freelancers , definatly the sketchiest bar on 136# by a long shot ........ the place has alway been trouble even in their old location they would add drinks onto your bill then threaten you if you conplained.

Bad news
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

My guess, knowing nothing about Cambodian law, is that this is formal, written request for a retraction is a precursor to a lawsuit if the story is not retracted.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Bertros wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 pm
epidemiks wrote:

just curious, but does this doc hold any kind of 'legal standing'? is it a 'criminal' or 'civil' complaint? perhaps a bit of 'foreplay' in case there is some future action?

cheers

Bertros Image
Cam Nivag wrote:My guess, knowing nothing about Cambodian law, is that this is formal, written request for a retraction is a precursor to a lawsuit if the story is not retracted.
Yeah, the way I see it it's just a documented, formal request to remove something from our site (cease and desist letter).

We get these quite often, and while I almost always just ignore them completely, this one was just too funny not to post.

Actually, to this day, there have only been two that we have have complied with. One was from Craigslist, and the other was from a gentleman arrested for terrible crimes. The cease and desist from Craigslist would have been silly to have tried to fight (No legal wiggle room), and the one from the American was deleted ONLY because he had numerous links to newspapers that absolutely convinced me the whole thing was bullshit, and since then he's been in a papers a few more times, as the FBI wrongly accused and arrested him, then made no effort to undue the damage they caused. They have since helped exonerate him. This happened in Thailand. He was really polite and laid out his case, which apparently was true, and I truly thought he was being sincere, which later articles about his strange case showed as well.

What I really hate are the assholes who just start threatening ridiculous actions. They usually threaten to all sorts of stupid things, and then when I ask for clarification or tell them we will only edit anything incorrect but not delete entire pages, they go silent.

We got one a few days ago I just ignored completely, as it sounds like a case of "regret" and not faulty reporting allegedly from that guy who put his house in his wife's name and said the lawyers scammed him.

I'll post it on that topic right now, but it's not really very interesting as "mobile lady boys" or anything.

And to be clear, we always want as accurate reporting on CEO as possible, and will gladly and quickly edit/remove content that is erroneous, but that does not mean we will just delete things because someone doesn't "like" it.

I am still waiting for the Candy Bar owner's lawyer to provide more info tomorrow, and at the very least I will update the translated article to say the owner denies it. And if their info checks out, I will of course correct any mistakes, but we don't go editing and deleting things simply because people ask.

So I'm not trying to be a tough guy, but we don't just delete shit because people say it's not true. And besides, even with this Candy Bar story, it was just a translation from Khmer sites, so if they want to take us to court, I'll bring that along to show that we didn't just make it up to harm her business or anything.

Ok, let me find the one about that guy who lost his property...

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic