Skyview Smart Phone

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Skyview Smart Phone

Post by kyleincambo »

Does anyoe have the low down on this brand of phone. I jumped the gun at the local phone shop and bouht a 5.5 in F4 for $80, including a 16 gb sd card on top of the 8gb it comes with. Not a lot but enough. Anyways I played with it a lot at the store and it was down right awesome. My question is does anyone have a clue about this phone. Did I make a big mistake. Is it gonna break on me in a month. RIght now its the beez neez, super fast youtube, and internet and has all the bells and whistles. An 8mp camera too which is fine for me.

If you look for Skyview on google theres basically nothing their. Just one shop in Phnom Penh. Anyone know anything more about this brand. Would appreciate the reviews and help.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Skyview Smart Phone

Post by epidemiks »

Technical Parameters :

- Free Case, Screen & Earphone
- Front Camera : 5 MP FF
- Back Camera : 8 MP 
- Size : 5.5 Inches QHD 
- Internal : Ram 1 GB, Rom 8GB
- CPU : Quad-core 1.3 GHz
- Connectivity : Wifi, 3G
- Battery : 3200 mAh
- Color:  Black, Gold & Rose Gold

Ordinary specs, but it's an $80 phone. If it lasts 6 months it's at least as good value as any of the big brands.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Next time you might consider a Singtech L1 Infinity - big screen, 4G, dual sim, all the fruit, around $110 with a jacket. If mine dies, I'm buying another one.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

epidemiks wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:08 pm Technical Parameters :

- Free Case, Screen & Earphone
- Front Camera : 5 MP FF
- Back Camera : 8 MP 
- Size : 5.5 Inches QHD 
- Internal : Ram 1 GB, Rom 8GB
- CPU : Quad-core 1.3 GHz
- Connectivity : Wifi, 3G
- Battery : 3200 mAh
- Color:  Black, Gold & Rose Gold

Ordinary specs, but it's an $80 phone. If it lasts 6 months it's at least as good value as any of the big brands.

It actually is 4g, specs arnt amazing but it fill my needs
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm Next time you might consider a Singtech L1 Infinity - big screen, 4G, dual sim, all the fruit, around $110 with a jacket. If mine dies, I'm buying another one.
I actually wanted to buy that one at the Smart Shop but they were sold out and didnt want to wait a week or 10 before they got new ones.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kyleincambo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 am
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm Next time you might consider a Singtech L1 Infinity - big screen, 4G, dual sim, all the fruit, around $110 with a jacket. If mine dies, I'm buying another one.
I actually wanted to buy that one at the Smart Shop but they were sold out and didnt want to wait a week or 10 before they got new ones.
There's an actual Singtech shop (not an "agent" or reseller) behind Sovanna Mall. Upside for me was that I physically damaged the battery, new original one was $5.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

kyleincambo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 pm Does anyoe have the low down on this brand of phone. I jumped the gun at the local phone shop and bouht a 5.5 in F4 for $80, including a 16 gb sd card on top of the 8gb it comes with. Not a lot but enough. Anyways I played with it a lot at the store and it was down right awesome. My question is does anyone have a clue about this phone. Did I make a big mistake. Is it gonna break on me in a month. RIght now its the beez neez, super fast youtube, and internet and has all the bells and whistles. An 8mp camera too which is fine for me.

If you look for Skyview on google theres basically nothing their. Just one shop in Phnom Penh. Anyone know anything more about this brand. Would appreciate the reviews and help.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Hi Kyle,

I know you haven't had the phone a long time but it sounds like a good deal. Where did you buy it in PP? I'd like the name and address of the shop if you have it. Cheers
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Thank you Mr Stroppy. I went to the Singtech shop this week to buy the L1 Infinity, but unfortunately I took my wife with me and she said it looks ugly. :facepalm:
So, I ended up paying $135 for a Singtech Infinity i-Note 2. Unknown to me they had a promotion running, so for $135 I got the i-Note 2 plus 2 smaller phones free.
Worth checking out.

Specs from their website:

Model: Infinity i-Note 2
Type: Smartphone
Platform: Band : GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, HSDPA 900/2100, FDD-LTE B1/ B3/ B7/ B8/ B20/ B40
CPU: 4*Cortex-A53 1.3GHz
SIM Slot: 2 micro SIM
Display Size: 5.5″ HD/ 5.5″ FHD
Resolution: 1280*720 pixels (HD)
Resolution: 1920*1080 pixels (FHD)
Appearance: Color : Rose Gold / White / Gray
Dimension: 150×77.2×8.8mm
Camera: 13MP (back) + 5MP(front)
Memory: 16GB + 3GB DDR3
Connectivity -
USB : Supported
WiFi : Supported
Bluetooth : Supported
Entertainment -
VIdeo Player: 3GP, MP4, AVI
Video Recording: Supported
Music Player: MP3, MIDI, WAV, AAC
FM Radio: Yes
Ringtone: MIDI
Headphone: Yes
Audio record: WAV
Web -
Web Browser: Supported
HTML: Supported
Applications -
Finger Print Sensor, Remote Apps, Google Play, Facebook, etc…
Battery Capacity : 3300mAh

:thumb:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"a promotion running, so for $135 I got the i-Note 2 plus 2 smaller phones free.
Worth checking out."

So, if I understand correctly you got a phone 1 step up from Stroppy's and 2smaller ones. Were the smaller ones from the same manufacturer and were they 3 or 4 G. Thanks. And where is this shop?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic