Group of Thieves Finally Arrested After Robbing Australian of Her MacBook in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Group of Thieves Finally Arrested After Robbing Australian of Her MacBook at The Plantation in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by juansweetpotato »

I think it's great that we have one of the perps pics to show people in case they manage to recognize him, and so possibly prevent a robbery.
But, what happened to the other perp's pics? If they appear anywhere, it may be a good idea to post them.

I have known one person personally who was robbed around the area they operated in, if it was the same people, they were quite violent when they got a female alone in a dark street at night.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
lucymuir
Tourist
Australia

Re: Group of Thieves Finally Arrested After Robbing Australian of Her MacBook at The Plantation in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by lucymuir »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 am Did they break into a room at the Plantation?
No, the incident happened on the street near Naga clinic. She was a guest of Plantation
STEVITO
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by STEVITO »

Yes. Friends with the GM. I'm not sure he knew the ins and outs of this but just told me it didn't happen at the hotel and was outside at Naga Clinic. However he didn't say if it was snatched or whatever from there. He is just happy the guest is reunited with the laptop....
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Group of Thieves Finally Arrested After Robbing Australian of Her MacBook in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

We have updated the title of this topic to clarify the robbery did NOT happen at The Plantation, which as far as we know, is probably one of the safest hotels in Phnom Penh and has never had a report of any guests or anyone having trouble on their premises. Sorry for the confusion, and here is an email CEO received from The Plantation:

Hi there, I am writing in hope will correct your headline for this article.

"Group of Thieves Finally Arrested After Robbing Australian of Her MacBook
at The Plantation in Phnom Penh, Cambodia"

We've had many of our friends contact us express great concern with an
assumption that a group of robbers came into Plantation. This of course is
not the case! You can also see from the comments that this is the
impression given to your users.

I would ask that you would change the headline and correct your information
to inform the incident happened on the street near Naga Clinic and help us
put our friends minds at rest. There is no complaint to mention she was a
Plantation guest, but here you are giving a very different story to what
actually occurred.

Please feel free to contact me further if you need. My number is [NUMBER DELETED BY ADMIN]

Thanks,

Lucy
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic