Snookie Sucks... so far

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Snookie Sucks... so far

Post by Hotdigr »

You should have asked on here for recommendations mate. I don't think any of us who live here would have recommended Victory Hill, its a fukn shithole to be blunt about it. Good only for picking up a chick and then getting out asap!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:58 am I don't think any of us who live here would have recommended Victory Hill, its a fukn shithole to be blunt about it.

I know anywhere is 'what you make of it'. I don't meant to be unduly harsh on Sihanoukville, but yeah... live and learn. It's my first time to Snookie and I wanted to check out some of the condo developments (a huge "No!"); so, for convenience sake, decided to stay on the 'Hill' for two weeks. I only have 8 more days here and will move to Otres for four weeks, then on to Kampot for two weeks and finish my vacation with three weeks on Phu Quoc.

Currently nasty weather - torrential rain and winds gusting to 70 knots - there's no fuckin' water from the taps... but, I can always bathe in what's flooding into the living room from the balcony... LOL.

Note to self - be careful with electricity.
:bow:
You could be next.
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

Hey cruise monkey, you will be okay.

8 days really is jack shit, I been broke there in SNV for weeks and weeks living off jack shit, lot of sluts in victory.

Hot diggr has his head screwed on I would take his advice and get a long time lease on BG and GTFO.
jayblues
Expatriate

Post by jayblues »

Why prepay for a room during low season?
Should have just moved to another hotel when you first walked in to the dirty room.
Since you are sticking with the place for some unknown reason, at least write some reviews on the booking site and tripadvisor.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jayblues wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 pm Why prepay for a room during low season?
Should have just moved to another hotel when you first walked in to the dirty room.
Since you are sticking with the place for some unknown reason, at least write some reviews on the booking site and tripadvisor.
why pre pay for a room anywhere? do people actually do that?
i nearly always pay when i leave
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

its not even that hot here right now why anyone needs aircon is a mystery
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 pmwhy pre pay for a room anywhere? do people actually do that?
But I do guess you have to leave some sort of guarantee?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

saigonjackpot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am SNV has the shonkiest sketchiest people and most congrigate in victory hill...
... and discuss vocabulary.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hanno wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:04 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 pmwhy pre pay for a room anywhere? do people actually do that?
But I do guess you have to leave some sort of guarantee?
Photocopy of your passport. A lot of small or mid-range places ask you to pay the first night on arrival, and then generally you pay as you go, every couple of days or once a week, or even when you leave.
If you have a regular place to stay, then they know you, so you don't even need a passport or ID - this is Jamie's case I suppose. There is a lot more trust than some people seem to think - everyone is not out to rip you off - and that goes both ways. O:-)
Guesthouses, you usually pay when you leave, but they will have your passport copied. Mind you, that doesn't stop some people obviously.
why pre pay for a room anywhere?

During holiday season, or because you want a particular room kept for you, or because you can negotiate a discount for cash upfront are good reasons to prepay. But paying for a room in advance sight unseen can lead to bad surprises. Why should they make an effort since you've already paid ?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm
saigonjackpot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am SNV has the shonkiest sketchiest people and most congrigate in victory hill...
... and discuss vocabulary.
Oh! I thought he was referring to the quality of the road material! "most congrigate in victory hill" :D
congrigate a mixture of concrete and aggregate :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic