English Teacher Needing Salary $300.00 And Food and Accommodation Provide

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: English Teacher Needing Salary $300.00 And Food and Accommodation Provide

Post by MikeMike58 »

I might give it a go. I have loads of experience teaching children from when I was a college Western Civ. edjoocater. 8)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Good luck. Are you a backpacker? Let us know how you get on. :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

Good luck. Are you a backpacker? Let us know how you get on. :)
No, AndyKK, I'm not a backpacker but I am willing to grow white boy dreads and stop bathing.

It was a weak attempt at humor. I taught history at a local college in AZ. At times it was like teaching children. I'm 59, so teaching is pretty low on my list. We'll see when I get back in a few months.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

For $300 a month, they'll get someone who says -

"I's here tuh learn yous tuh talk English good."
:D
You could be next.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 am For $300 a month, they'll get someone who says -

"I's here tuh learn yous tuh talk English good."
:D
And , " Every foreigners is 100% wrong, please do not tell them something​".

Thank Buddha some of their students don't believe it. But you can tell it's at the back of their mind.

Actually 300 bucks is good for a local teacher.In the provinces as they only make about 130 tops pm if they're lucky. Government schoolteacher's wages used to be $80 pm, but they upped it by 3 or 4 dollars a couple of years ago. A lot of the ones that supposedly work in schools in the provinces, sell their jobs to their relatives or friends for a monthly percentage of the gov wage.
( I know, it's mad isn't it? Joe public teachng at schools in the provnces under a teacher relative's name.)

The still provincially employed gov teachers get a job in a private school in PP for 300 - 400 with some privates. So, 300 for a local teacher in the provinces is a good wage, and will hopefully stop the teachers feeling the need to have to move to PP to make ends meet. But then again, the ad is from a private school, so it won't make much difference apart from them not havng to live so far away from home. The poor kids will still be taught by their supposed teacher's cousin's untrained third nephew.
See crook!!!
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

I worked for a similar wage in KoW , heaps of hours and fuck all pay, its like a pawnship mentality here but instead of you selling your used goods for fuck all your selling your abilities for fuck all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic