A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Post by juansweetpotato »

Well not so much of a bar, as a foreign country. And let's say the Greek is someone like Socraties, and the Scotsman is someone like RobW - the generic dogey businessman.

Scenario;

Both are newly arrived travelers in an exotic location somewhere in an LDC.
Both of them get ripped off horribly on prices ;-) during their stay.

The Scotsman says to himself, " f me! What a bunch of Dodgey fuckers!" And comes to the conclusion that he hates absolutely everyone, and decides that he will do the same to anyone he finds as dumb as he was.

The Greek says to himself, , " f me! What a bunch of Dodgey fuckers!" And comes to the conclusion that he hates absolutely everyone that behaves like that, and decides that he will try to fight against anyone he finds trying to exploit innocence.

Which one is right? And why?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Post by AE86 »

Greek is right (hates the action, not the person).
-insert signature here
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

You obviously do not know RobW.

Mind you, he does not suffer fools easily so it is likely you never will get to know him.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

LaudJohn wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 am You obviously do not know RobW.

Mind you, he does not suffer fools easily so it is likely you never will get to know him.
If I had wanted information about a dodgey businessman from another dodgey businessman, I may well have asked you.
You might feel that you can bully people around on tof, but don't try it on here, or Frank will set his bees on you.
You have been reported.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

I have a feeling there is inside baseball I'm not aware of, so take my post on this thread as an answer to the philosophical question and not a statement against anyone it's referring to.
-insert signature here
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

AE86 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:33 am I have a feeling there is inside baseball I'm not aware of, so take my post on this thread as an answer to the philosophical question and not a statement against anyone it's referring to.
Just as it was meant to be taken. The RobW / Scotsman was just a bit of a piss take. But from what I can gather from having read his posts on tof, he would make a good example.
LaudJohn, another businessman from tof, felt it was the right thing to do to derail the thread to defend him, and insult me at the same time.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

jsp, your report has been dismissed.

LaudJohn is also a long term, respected member on this forum.

By using the name RobW, you were the one doing the Trolling. You may as well have named the Scotsman Angus McTavish.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the only one my bees set upon is me, it seems. another 3 stings this morning bringing the 24 hour total up to over 20. i am bugging them a lot making new queens and dividing hives into new nucleus hives. they dont like that. on the plus side i have gone from 14 hives to 23 in 8 weeks, another 4 weeks should see me with a total around 30 or maybe a few more.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:59 am jsp, your report has been dismissed.

LaudJohn is also a long term, respected member on this forum.

By using the name RobW, you were the one doing the Trolling. You may as well have named the Scotsman Angus McTavish.
Got to give you something to do, and also check if the report button works. Glad to see it does and there's someone sensible at the controls. :thumb:

Well respected member? He has a karma of minus one. :? Lol
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

juansweetpotato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm Well respected member? He has a karma of minus one. :? Lol
No prizes for guessing who gave him that. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic