A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Post by juansweetpotato »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:11 pm
juansweetpotato wrote:
PS if UT decides he will mod this even after my request for him not to, and I'm almost 100% sure he will, please will the General give his views either here or privately.
Thanks
My views are that you're bonkers after reading this, LoL. You can't be for real, can you? Literally everything you said was satire deep fried in irony.
I thought that was the best bit myself. I could almost feel User'sbrain Foresaken visably shaking in his seat. :stir:
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LaudJohn wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 pmPray tell, what makes my businesses or business practices "dodgey"?
Not getting involved in this, but:

1. It should be 'dodgy'.

dodg·y
ˈdäjē/
adjectiveBritishinformal
adjective: dodgy; comparative adjective: dodgier; superlative adjective: dodgiest

dishonest or unreliable.
"a dodgy secondhand car salesman"
potentially dangerous.
"activities like these could be dodgy for your heart"
of low quality.

2. wrt your query, a lack of ethics or morality. I was kind of surprised that you'd ask, having been in business for so long yourself
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

vladimir wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am
LaudJohn wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 pmPray tell, what makes my businesses or business practices "dodgey"?
Not getting involved in this, but:

1. It should be 'dodgy'.

dodg·y
ˈdäjē/
adjectiveBritishinformal
adjective: dodgy; comparative adjective: dodgier; superlative adjective: dodgiest

dishonest or unreliable.
"a dodgy secondhand car salesman"
potentially dangerous.
"activities like these could be dodgy for your heart"
of low quality.

2. wrt your query, a lack of ethics or morality. I was kind of surprised that you'd ask, having been in business for so long yourself
It was me who spelt dodgy d o d g e y, not LJ. I'm sure he knows exactly how to spell that word. He was just quoting me. Glad he doesn't recomend RR to people though. :D
See crook!!!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Your reading skills need sharpening, AP. I did not attribute the incorrect spelling to LJ, or anyone for that matter.

But since you raised the question, his placing the incorrect spellling in inverted commas indicates he was aware of your heinous error.

He could also have typed [sic]

LJ is also very fond of using the phrase 'I am sat' in the vain hope that some average person somewhere will try and correct him, and he can then deliver a stinging rebuke.

;)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic