A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:59 amYou may as well have named the Scotsman Angus McTavish.
Or FergusMcTartanHare.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm Well respected member? He has a karma of minus one. :? Lol
No prizes for guessing who gave him that. :facepalm:
juansweetpotato » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 am
Rating post
» Re: A Scotsman and a Greek enter a bar [#p177067]
Comment:
For defending the undefendable.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

juansweetpotato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 am

If I had wanted information about a dodgey businessman from another dodgey businessman, I may well have asked you.

Actually to the best of my knowledge RobW has never had a business in Cambodia. He worked on salary for an international firm whilst living in Cambodia.What makes him a "dodgey" businessman or person for that matter?

Pray tell, what makes my businesses or business practices "dodgey"?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ooh, look at that! Seems I have the power to revoke his neg karma.

Congratulations LJ, you're back to 0 karma again.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The Greeks invented gayness
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm Ooh, look at that! Seems I have the power to revoke his neg karma.

Congratulations LJ, you're back to 0 karma again.
:facepalm: Toffer!
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

It is interestng that LaudJohn said RW doesn't own a business in Cambodia. As if all dodgey businessmen are owning their own business in Cambodia. Lol. I think it was more of a Freudian​ slip. It could of course be down to - you say cat, they say dog - that you find rather a lot of on tof. He knows exactly what I was getting at in the OP.

Namely, that a lot of people end up in the KOW and quickly adopt the attitude that it is perfectly OK to rape the innocent tourist up their arses financially. This can just be on large prices in their businesses, to things like investment partnerships and selling land. Or even just simply stealng your Moto whilst you are busy drinking in their bar, or borrowing money that they never intend to pay back.
Once the hate grabs them, they can be quite inventive in the methods they use. Their methods would make a long thread.

They're like a slightly upmarket version of the destitutes that beg borrow and steal their way through life, but with surprisingly​ more hate in their hearts, given they're much better off financially​.

Let's not even start talking MFIs...
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

juansweetpotato wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm It is interestng that LaudJohn said RW doesn't own a business in Cambodia. As if all dodgey businessmen are owning their own business in Cambodia. Lol. I think it was more of a Freudian​ slip. It could of course be down to - you say cat, they say dog - that you find rather a lot of on tof. He knows exactly what I was getting at in the OP.

Namely, that a lot of people end up in the KOW and quickly adopt the attitude that it is perfectly OK to rape the innocent tourist up their arses financially. This can just be on large prices in their businesses, to things like investment partnerships and selling land. Or even just simply stealng your Moto whilst you are busy drinking in their bar, or borrowing money that they never intend to pay back.
Once the hate grabs them, they can be quite inventive in the methods they use. Their methods would make a long thread.

They're like a slightly upmarket version of the destitutes that beg borrow and steal their way through life, but with surprisingly​ more hate in their hearts, given they're much better off financially​.

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 pm
juansweetpotato wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm It is interestng that LaudJohn said RW doesn't own a business in Cambodia. As if all dodgey businessmen are owning their own business in Cambodia. Lol. I think it was more of a Freudian​ slip. It could of course be down to - you say cat, they say dog - that you find rather a lot of on tof. He knows exactly what I was getting at in the OP.

Pay no attention he's coming across as a nobody that still bears a grudge against some pineapple vendor that ripped him off! I know you and RobW reasonably well and you are both very "kosher" guys. I don't know why he's behaving like this, I don't normally come on the forum to defend people but this "shit" is starting to piss me off. IMO he should just knock it off. No offense but he should just "grow up"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

RobW has never, as far as I know, owned a business in Cambodia. Whether he has anywhere else I don't know, but I would never have thought of him as a "businessman".
Last edited by John Bingham on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic