Yamaha YBR 125, currently being overhauled, $1,000

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Yamaha YBR 125, currently being overhauled, $1,000

Post by AE86 »

Ronny wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm I see where you're coming from now, AE. But to be honest, I sell parts for transport trucks (Hino, Nissan, Isuzu, etc, and I don't know much about bikes because I drive a truck.
I used to work for UD for 3 months in the U.S. myself right before I moved back to Japan. Misc, you wont find many of those kinds of trucks here though as almost everything in the medium diesel sector is Korean mainly the Porter/Titan (my truck) and heavy duty diesels are mainly the Mitsu V10 Super Greats or those awful Chinese made copies. Couple of NPRs and Fusos but they're few and far between. Sucks really, the Korean trucks are kind of shit in comparison to Japanese ones.

Ronny wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 pm While you're here, let me ask you about buying used cars over there: Are there any used cars over there that you can buy anywhere from $5,000-$10,000 that are dependable and worth a damn and easy to find parts for?
Depends what you're looking for in a vehicle. I've made a lot of posts on reviews of vehicles on another forum under the same username, (some are here) and you can get an idea of what it's like to own a vehicle here.

In short though (hyper summarised)...

SUV, FJ80 diesel Land Cruiser or Mitsubishi Shogun diesel (around $7k here for a good one)
Pickup, 4WD Hilux Diesel (varies with year in terms of price obviously)
"Large" car, W140 Merc S-class petrol. ($6-8k for a good one)
"Medium" car, Toyota Camry (99-01), around $7k for a good one)
"Small" car, 98-02 Corolla (similar price range as Camry)
"Micro" car, Kia Morning (about $6k for a good one, 1.1 litre petrol).

Essentially over here in that price range it's Mercs and Toyotas. I have a BMW and a Mitsubishi, and I have to order almost everything from Thailand. Next day delivery so it's not that bad, but unless you know anything about fixing cars, it can be difficult to get it properly fixed as some mechanics here are absolute numpties. Fortunately for you, you probably know a thing or two about cars, so you have a much better chance at keeping your vehicle on the road with a good mechanic.

When you're in town you can send me a PM and if my schedule is not too hectic, you can drop by my workplace for a coffee and I'll fill you in on the automotive world here.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic