Math Teacher, Science teacher, Humanity teacher Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
jackhiringdepartment
Tourist
Vietnam

Math Teacher, Science teacher, Humanity teacher Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by jackhiringdepartment »

About Golden Gate American School
- Golden Gate American School is a trustworthy school in Phnom Penh.
- Teaching American curriculum
- Our students are very motivated and we hold to high standards.

Start Day
- For Math teacher - start Immediately
- For Science teacher and Humanity teacher - start July 1st, 2017

Responsibilities
- Conduct lessons to teach high school classes
- Established curricula for each grade level, weekly plans you can follow and deliver
- Teachers attend compulsory meetings conducted by your department heads and on some occasions our Heads of School.

Working Hours
- 5 worked days: Monday to Friday ( 7:30am - 4:30pm )
- 2 Days off: Saturday & Sunday
- Teaching hours: 25 teaching hours / week
- Office hours: 15 hours / week

Salary & Benefits
- Housing: provided by school.
- Insurance covered by school,
- Salary: $1,500 to $1,700 / month after tax

How to Apply
- Please kindly send us your CV, a photo of your degree, a photo of your teaching certificate, a photo of your passport to our email: [email protected]

Teacher requirements:
- From native speaking countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia with a Bachelor degree at least
- Have at least 1 year teaching experience (Science teacher or Math teacher)
- Under 55 years old
- Can start now or on July first
- Must have teaching certificate: TEFL, TESOl, CETAL
- Prefer GCSE or PGCE
eriksank
Expatriate

Re: Math Teacher, Science teacher, Humanity teacher Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by eriksank »

jackhiringdepartment wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 amUnder 55 years old
Wow. Ageism is illegal in 170 of the 220+ jurisdictions on the globe. So, send your CV, inquire, then get the rejection based on age notarized, and then sue for punitive damages. The only way in which they learn, is because it costs them truckloads of money.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Math Teacher, Science teacher, Humanity teacher Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by epidemiks »

jackhiringdepartment wrote: we hold to high standards.
Dubious claim, given no criminal record check is required to work at this school.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm actually surprised at the salary and benefits. A friend of mine worked there several years ago and was making less and had no housing provided. Good to hear they've upped their game.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:17 pm I'm actually surprised at the salary and benefits. A friend of mine worked there several years ago and was making less and had no housing provided. Good to hear they've upped their game.
Yeah, it's a great addition to the package ... but I wouldn't get too excited until I saw it. Common as part of the deal in China etc. but often a shared room in a dive in an unsafe area.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Teaching humanity?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:23 am Teaching humanity?

Social Studies to we older folk.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Yup, Stroppy, that's what we old-timers call it but a total waste of time but an easy A so I never complained.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I don't know much about this school, but it seems they have frequent staff changes...

Friend of mine interviewed for a biology teaching position, not sure if it was this school, and some crazy fundamentalist woman told him not to teach evolution...

He told them to evolve and psof.

The ageism thing is stupid, there are lots of people in their 60s and 70s who are very competent teachers...obviously the person hiring doesn't understand this, which begs the question: how cool is this school? And older teachers have experience and generally they stay longer...doh.

The meetings can be a killer, I used to get people calling me on Saturday afternoons..'Where are you, we're having a meeting.' Then 3 hours of blah blah blah in Khmer, or some twaddle because Mr Smith feels important when he opens his mouth.

It took me a few of those before I felt comfortable with lying/ leaving my phone on silent.

I'm an early riser, so I often get to work around 6.30, you can get lots done without interruptions...no more unpaid time given to schools. In any event, frequent meetings are a sign of bad management.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

StroppyChops wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:23 am Teaching humanity?

Social Studies to we older folk.
I thought it was the humanities that were taught and humanity was a pre-requisite for attending such institutions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic