Good bye CEO!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Good bye CEO!

Post by timmydownawell »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 am
timmydownawell wrote:
OTOH you mods said we are free to give negative karma against Trapper when we don't like something, but not one person has bothered on his latest incarnation, and when I tried to it wouldn't let me because I haven't accumulated 20 points myself. *shrug*
Haha, very true! Actually, we just made that requirement, but maybe it should be lower, as it just needs to be high enough so that fuckwits who have no karma can't fuck with others.

And reporting is different than karma rating. We get notified of reports.

I still need to post some details of the latest tweaks we've made to the system, and even get some feedback (heaven help me) on the tweaks.
Well it wasn't worth reporting, but worthy of a negative karma, so sucks to be me :) At least you are making progress tweaking the system.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:37 am
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 am Besides, we have a REPORT function, and that entire topic has ZERO reports, and everyone knows they are encouraged to report anything they don't like or feel shouldn't be on CEO.

He is well-known for calling others a cunt, but when someone calls THEMSELVES a cunt it's too much? I don't see how there is any logic in this at all, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to see a bit of irony here.

Again, we can't read minds, and people like John Bingham who claim they are so sick of trolls want to walk out, they have every right to do so, even though I find it ironic he happily posts on the old forum who seem to make no effort to eliminate such trolls. To each their own though.
OTOH you mods said we are free to give negative karma against Trapper when we don't like something, but not one person has bothered on his latest incarnation, and when I tried to it wouldn't let me because I haven't accumulated 20 points myself. *shrug*
That's the issue: why is he allowed so many different incarnations? I honestly don't understand the leniency both here and on K440 for the guy and other trolls. I know CEO came about through the "tyranny" of the previous K440 owner' and his whims. However, I do think it's taken way too far at times by giving TONS of chances to people who give no added value to the forum and even make it worse in pretty much every possible way. I don't understand why K440 made a thread for him. Well, I understand it but was against it. I was partly happy because it confined him to a single thread for his crazy shit, but it also meant it was always at the top of the "unread" part since him and violet were always writing something. It was like the new "Life is Bored". They thankfully eventually banned him because, surprise surprise: his crazy ramblings and swearing at posters never abated. They even allowed a few of his future handles to keep posting for a while (sometimes after giving him yet more leniency). I think he's now given the banhammer every time he pops up. Anyways, I agree with JB and don't know what's up with all the leniency. It's one thing to ban someone because they have a different opinion or disagree from you, but it's quite another to ban someone who only pollutes threads because he clearly has a mental disorder of some sort (or is simply the best troll in troll history). The guy contributes absolutely nothing to threads and drives away quality posters like JB.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: I don't understand why K440 made a thread for him. Well, I understand it but was against it. I was partly happy because it confined him to a single thread for his crazy shit, but it also meant it was always at the top of the "unread" part since him and violet were always writing something.
Well, the Khmer440 admin watch CEO very closely, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took your feedback on here and banned him again soon, or at least locked his personal topic, LoL.

We'll see. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:22 pm I'm out of here until something more pro-active is done about it.
Hey! I hope you noticed that line in the original post, and I'm pleased with the reactions.
The title was a play on the "Good Bye SE-Asia!" post and just about as genuine.
The main reason I got riled up and perhaps over-reacted was that a couple of other posters
gave some lengthy and well thought-out out responses to the guy, and he just responded with
"I'm a cunt and I don't care anyway". I thought that was extremely ignorant and disrespectful.
I like the idea of updating the report button, because as said it the defaults aren't very useful.
I agree that I have been as guilty as anyone in responding to his idiocy. I don't advocate banning
him either, he'll just join up again. It might be a good idea if he comes out with the usual
"SE-Asia is shit, there's nothing but hookers and 50 cent beers" crap again, which he will,
for it to all be thrown in the asinine arena, where at least it isn't visible to casual browsers.
So, hope you can excuse the hissy-fit, but I just thought he was dumbing down things too much.
:assasin:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

well he is croc bait in cairns now
maybe he will meet up with Ken Svay
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 amWell, no offence to you, dear Vlad, but this is even extra ironic, coming from you.

You, of all people, don't understand it? Hmmmm. I always find it embarrassing for you when you always end up back on the old forum. You, of all people, get treated like real dog shit over there quite often, and have seemingly wised up a few times, declaring you will no longer go back on there and support them, but always end up crawling back. I mean, they get real personal with you, talking about your jobs, etc, and that's not just from trolls, but also members, admin and mods. I cringe when I see the way you get treated over there and what's allowed to be said to you. And when finally seems you have some self respect.... sooner or later you go limping back. Fuck that. Who in their right mind would allow everyone to take personal jabs at them and their work history like that, especially when most people know them IRL, and then go back again and again?

You and I don't always "get along" but the fuck if we'd ever let ANYONE get treated like that on here.

So, you of ALL people, would be the best to understand someone's mentality of continuing to go back to a forum/topic that they say they truly hate. That truly beggars belief, imho.
Agree 100% with being treated like dogshit. It's what happens when one calls a spade a spade and dares to criticise the money-making machine...'so it means the death of a few brown people, but it provides jobs, and we have to be practical, blah blah blah'....

My point was the forum admin created the safe space for bscw, to kind of keep him away from everybody, claiming they hated his posts.

Yet scobienz was one of the most regular visitors...kind of confusing, no?

I have various reasons for going back, don't ever assume one of them is because I like the admin or the majority of the members...

One group of people I have really grown to dislike is ultra-conservative Brits...I do find it kind of funny that they stand up so much for the UK, but they can't get decent jobs there themselves because their own govt has forsaken them, but they still feel a desperate need to remain loyal, LOL. Maybe it's a desire to be in a better class, I don't know.

I think when I dared to speak out about what the IDF was doing during their last installment of the genocide, then things got really nasty. KiR was Jewish, I believe, nothing wrong with that, but he was a full-on supporter of people like Nutteryahoo, and the same goes for several of his friends, despite what they stated online. As sson as Rain Dog started making a fool of their spokesman, he was banned...

I do greatly appreciate that the same kind of low shite that you mention is not allowed on here, and I suggest people take cognisance of that.

I find it somewhat ironic that the supposedly supremely-educated illuimnati on TOF have lower standards.

Tbh, I feel it has become a playground for ultra-conservative (who can't get their govt fixed so as to provide decent jobs back home) and protectors of Zionist/IDF crimes.

But yeah, I am finally at the stage where I don't care if I stay or leave, it has been totally destroyed, imo.

PM me when you are back in the Pig Penh
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 am
My point was the forum admin created the safe space for bscw, to kind of keep him away from everybody, claiming they hated his posts.
On topic but a slight tangent, I'm kind of confused. Are we saying "Batty" is trapper? Because I thought batty and trapper were two different people.

And then I've seen "CW" mentioned twice now, but I'm confused, are those their initials in real life? I'm assuming it's "batty" on the other forum but am not sure.
-insert signature here
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

b s c w is a partial emoticon here
2 completely different people.
the first one is permabanned for the same kind on nonsense that generally causes "his" thread to head the active topics list over there
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Okay thank you. I think I've got a handle on things now.
-insert signature here
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'm not surprised you're confused, it is a little batshitcrazy
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic