Video of Foreigner In SUV Running Over Khmer on Motorbike in Phnom Penh Sparks Debate: Whose Fault Is It? (POLL)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Whose fault was this accident?

THE BARANG
30%
THE KHMER
42%
BOTH
18%
NEITHER; SHIT HAPPENS
9%

Total votes: 33
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Video of Foreigner In SUV Running Over Khmer on Motorbike in Phnom Penh Sparks Debate: Whose Fault Is It? (POLL)

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 pm My worse habit is then grinding the slag instead of chipping it and ending up with it in my hair, up my nose, down my throat.
What is the slag's name? You'd better hope your wife isn't reading this...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Video of Foreigner In SUV Running Over Khmer on Motorbike in Phnom Penh Sparks Debate: Whose Fault Is It? (POLL)

Post by vladimir »

saigonjackpot wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm Well if the dumb dumb didn't drive into the SUV he wouldn't have gotten hit in the first place.

just another Khmer trying to make a buck off the western world again and again when does Cambodia give 500 USD million back to USA and when does Cambodia even acknowledge to 40 million dollar refugee deal with Australia.

They Wil always have there hand out to.the west
Even beggars even politicians and no to drivers the works they are the welfare planets of the earth
1. He didn't drive into the SUV, the SUV rode into him. Get your eyes tested. In almost every country in the world, you hit someone from behind, you are at fault.

2. Cambodia should repay the $500 million? OK, let's get Cambodia to launch a class action suit for war crimes, bring that prolapse Kissinger to account...oh, but that's different. The US can fuck right off if they want that $500m, imho. And anybody who believes America gives money out of charity is a naive fool. No free lunches.

3. Israel is way ahead of almost any country in the world for handouts by America, I think, around $1m/DAY. Yes, a DAY.

4. I can't comment on your last sentence as I cannot decode it.

Based on your complete lack of understanding in this matter, and obvious hatred of Cambodia, I suggest you refrain from commenting and go back to wherever you came from, it's obviously much better than here, right?
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

[quote=saigonjackpot post_id=176623 time=1497607775 user_id=8337]
Well if the dumb dumb didn't drive into the SUV he wouldn't have gotten hit in the first place.

just another Khmer trying to make a buck off the western world again and again when does Cambodia give 500 USD million back to USA and when does Cambodia even acknowledge to 40 million dollar refugee deal with Australia.

They Wil always have there hand out to.the west
Even beggars even politicians and no to drivers the works they are the welfare planets of the earth
[/quote]

My wife calls me dumb dumb :)

I agree a lot of people try to scrape off of westerners, but kind of dumb to conflate that with the Cambodian debt to the U.S. when the debt is from government to central bank.
-insert signature here
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I've completely changed my mind on this. 100% the car driver's fault. He should never have accelerated like that in such dense traffic. You're mostly driving on your witts out there, and the Moto rider, however idiotically eratic, was expecting the car to be at the same speed when he pulled back in. As per normal. I think it's a case of minor road rage at the, at times, utterly frustrating experience of driving in PP. I know because I've lost it a few times over the years.

Anyway, the whole thing was a minor incident where no one got badly hurt. Except in the pocket.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

juansweetpotato wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:18 pm I've completely changed my mind on this. 100% the car driver's fault. He should never have accelerated like that in such dense traffic. You're mostly driving on your witts out there, and the Moto rider, however idiotically eratic, was expecting the car to be at the same speed when he pulled back in. As per normal. I think it's a case of minor road rage at the, at times, utterly frustrating experience of driving in PP. I know because I've lost it a few times over the years.

Anyway, the whole thing was a minor incident where no one got badly hurt. Except in the pocket.
yup how i see it, is if your driving a big SHV amongst a sea of motorcyclists you need to take extra care,
if the traffic frustrates you enough that you feel the need to hit the gas amongst a sea of motorcyclists,
then i suggest driving a motorbike instead
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guys, Driving in PP is a nightmare, u cant drive normal ( with space to the next car) cause it will fill up with bikes, cars, tuk tuks

I hate driving in PP
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Exactly, Phnom Penh is a completely different animal to the rest of Cambodia.

That's why I still side with the driver of the SUV in this case. There's no way to keep any space between you and bikes, so you just have to pray that idiots don't suddenly turn right into your front end like the idiot on the scooter did.
-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

AE86 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 pm ^^Exactly, Phnom Penh is a completely different animal to the rest of Cambodia.

That's why I still side with the driver of the SUV in this case. There's no way to keep any space between you and bikes, so you just have to pray that idiots don't suddenly turn right into your front end like the idiot on the scooter did.
ive driven in PP i know what its like
but he admitted he hit the Gas, if he hadnt of said that id fully agree
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm guys, Driving in PP is a nightmare, u cant drive normal ( with space to the next car) cause it will fill up with bikes, cars, tuk tuks

I hate driving in PP
When you're a pedestrian trying to cross the road, and you see a gap in the traffic approaching to your left and think 'ok, I can cross then', by the time it gets to you the motos have all accelerated and the gap is gone. Happens every time. No-one wants a gap in front because some other cunt will squeeze in if you don't move up.

I'm still not keen to get a moto.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I tend to think that in dense traffic, the car is in its right to tighten the gap between itself and the car in front. However, going at speed (which only means 20kph+ here) then the car shouldn't have kept such a small gap between itself and the other car/Moto driver, even if had apparently just moved out of the lane. Basic defensive driving skills applied to local rules.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic