why the english visit Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

why the english visit Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: why the english visit Cambodia

Post by cptrelentless »

It's not 500ml here nor there. 330ml here, 586ml there. Plus it's $3.75 a pint in Wetherspoon's, thanks to the plummeting pound. If you join CAMRA you can wear sandals and have 50p (35c) further off. What's not to like?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 pm It's not 500ml here nor there. 330ml here, 586ml there. Plus it's $3.75 a pint in Wetherspoon's, thanks to the plummeting pound. If you join CAMRA you can wear sandals and have 50p (35c) further off. What's not to like?
just because weathers is still cheap for a beer, doesnt mean the rest of the places arent, even up here youre paying around £4 a pint now
On average, nationally, the cost of a pint has increased, rising from £3.46 to £4.70
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/8203-goo ... story.html
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Isn't 50p about 65cents? Anyways, a pint of top brew at my local English Pub at the furthest reaches of the Queens Territories (Victoria BC) goes for about 3.75$ (less than 3£), which is quite sensible given the quality. The 18% alcohol tax on top not so much! But 1$ for a 3cl local khmer draft is taking the piss, while drinking it. I'm all for 2$ pitchers and 6$ towers while slumming it but the quality is not comparable.
For decent beer here pints go for 3$ in SHV at Woody's and 4-7$ in PP. These price comparisons are always crap as they never compare apples to apples, which is why I never bother listening to people or reading blogs about how its so cheap out here as they usually represent the lower demographic. Even a decent 'middle class' lifestyle here is more expensive than weatern countries.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am Isn't 50p about 65cents? Anyways, a pint of top brew at my local English Pub at the furthest reaches of the Queens Territories (Victoria BC) goes for about 3.75$ (less than 3£), which is quite sensible given the quality. The 18% alcohol tax on top not so much! But 1$ for a 3cl local khmer draft is taking the piss, while drinking it. I'm all for 2$ pitchers and 6$ towers while slumming it but the quality is not comparable.
For decent beer here pints go for 3$ in SHV at Woody's and 4-7$ in PP. These price comparisons are always crap as they never compare apples to apples, which is why I never bother listening to people or reading blogs about how its so cheap out here as they usually represent the lower demographic. Even a decent 'middle class' lifestyle here is more expensive than weatern countries.
the rusty keyhole in Kampot sell Pints, cant remember the price though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Cant speak for the engrish but i quaff gallons of the local beer here but come July happily pay £4 for a pint of this :beer3:
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Why do the english visit Cambodia?
Well, it's not for the sausages. Then again, maybe it is. :?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Raybull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am Even a decent 'middle class' lifestyle here is more expensive than weatern countries.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:11 pm
Raybull wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 am Even a decent 'middle class' lifestyle here is more expensive than weatern countries.

No shit! Raybull is on something...or he lives in a very expensive part of Asia... like Tokyo or Singapore.

I'm also from Victoria and I can tell you it's a bloody expensive place to live. Rents are high, you're taxed to death and you can't smoke anywhere (if you can afford to smoke).
You could be next.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:19 pm
Kuroneko wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:11 pm

No shit! Raybull is on something...or he lives in a very expensive part of Asia... like Tokyo or Singapore.

I'm also from Victoria and I can tell you it's a bloody expensive place to live. Rents are high, you're taxed to death and you can't smoke anywhere (if you can afford to smoke).
raybull is a baller, highroller, 大哼, man
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic