Re :- Passport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Re :- Passport

Post by Popeye »

Now, 2 weeks ago I gave my passport to an agent for a visa renewal and I still have not received it. I get told, not to worry, it will be here on !!!!. Still nothing.
Now what happens if my passport is lost ? Who is going to pay for a new one, also get my $295 back ! Also as my visa will have expired at the end of the month, presume problems with immigration.
Yes I am worried.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Re :- Passportri

Post by taabarang »

That's a tough one Popeye. First I'd go to my embassy for help, but being an American, I wouldn't really expect much. my next option would be to go to the ministry by the airport where visas are issued. Two weeks is a long time; I hope you have your receipt. After you get your passport back please name and shame the agent.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Re :- Passport

Post by Popeye »

Receipt !!!! Never was issued with one. OK, another problem to get through.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Re :- Passporta bit late

Post by taabarang »

I don't know where you live and in any case it's a bit late to suggest an alternative. But next time consider Lucky Lucky on Monivong. I have been renewing my visas there for 20+ years and always am given a signed and dated receipt complete with passport number that indicates I am purchasing a new visa.

After you have your passport and new visa in your hands please name and shame the agency which cannot honor standard business practices.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

Live in Kep. Agent in Kampot.
Did have a receipt, Mrs had it.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Who's the agent? Get on the Kampot Noticeboard and post a complaint. I've never had a visa extension take more than 24 hours. From Kampot they would have to send them PP, perhaps they wait to gather a few passports.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Popeye wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:02 am Receipt !!!! Never was issued with one. OK, another problem to get through.
...and you never thought to ask for one! :facepalm: :BangHead:

Who did you use in Kampot, was it Meta Lai? Due to the recent elections, there is probably a backlog of work for most Ministries to catch up on, that could possibly explain the delay, but 2 weeks is an extremely long time for a visa EOS.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

Gather a few passports !!1 Was told that a week ago. Firstly it was 30 passport to arrive on Tuesday, then 40 passports to arrive on Friday !!! Must be a lot of expats in Kampot waiting.
Yes :- M.L.
Now my visa expires on the 26 th and to apply for a new OZ passport takes 3 weeks + a couple of days I presume. So if I stay here I will have over stayed my visa, giving me a black mark I suppose.
So, maybe a good excuse to go to Oz .
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

How will you get to Oz without a passport?

Take it to the Kampot noticeboard. If the post gets promptly deleted, then something is wrong and you're up shit creek.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

epidemiks wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:34 pm How will you get to Oz without a passport?

Take it to the Kampot noticeboard. If the post gets promptly deleted, then something is wrong and you're up shit creek.
How will I get to Oz ??? sorry was not thinking.
Kampot Noticeboard will be the go, but will give it another couple of days to see if I get it, as today is a Sunday. Will be going to PP tomorrow, so the Oz embassy and then Cambo Immigration.

And, yes definitely " up shit creek " in more ways than one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic