Re :- Passport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Re :- Passport

Post by taabarang »

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:01 pm
"How will I get to Oz ??? sorry was not thanking.
Kampot Noticeboard will be the go, but will give it another couple of days to see if I get it, as today is a Sunday. Will be going to PP tomorrow, so the Oz embassy and then Cambo Immigration."

Don't forget to have the Missus give you the receipt.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I had a visa renewal take three weeks but that was of them sitting on their hands for new year. Samudera used to take 10 days so it's not quite panic stations. As long as you handed it in before the expiry it should be ok, they charge you the overstay upfront
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i had one take about 9 days before but that was because of a couple of mid week public holidays that slowed the system down
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AFAIK there are only one or two officials that sign visa renewals - if that one or two are on leave, the pile mounts up.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

As was suggested went to OZ embassy and having explained what was what, they made a couple of phone calls and was advised to sight tight as all is in hand. So that was a load off my shoulders.
Then, getting home from PP, checked my Facebook and a message from M.L saying my passport has arrived.
So, happy chappy again.
Thanks for all your comments.
olivier.morandi
Tourist

Post by olivier.morandi »

Was it meta visas? I went there and after 3 weeks i only got my passport back due to the intervention of a high rank7ng immigration official that i knew personnally, but with no visa extension. Had a receipt, and she did not dare withholding the money. The immigration guy was riding her hard! Just 5ell me if it was meta, mrs lai, please
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what is a meta visa??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"what is a meta visa?".

The mother of all visas?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

olivier.morandi wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:21 pm Was it meta visas? I went there and after 3 weeks i only got my passport back due to the intervention of a high rank7ng immigration official that i knew personnally, but with no visa extension. Had a receipt, and she did not dare withholding the money. The immigration guy was riding her hard! Just 5ell me if it was meta, mrs lai, please
So what was the reason you were not issued an EOS?

Was it anything to do with Meta? I highly doubt it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Most of these agents rely on getting a few extensions to renew before they get moving anywhere near the ministry. Places like Lucky Lucky are reliable, I used them for years, because they have a constant flow. I get my visas paid for now, but it's similar in that the HR guy tries to get a few together before he bothers sorting them out, it's plain logistics. I'm guessing that this BS agent in a small town didn't get any more orders so just left that passport languishing in the drawer. Not everyone who offers a service can deliver, it's worth figuring which ones are reliable before you hand crucial documents over to some twit.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic