Getting a puppy in Sihanoukville.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Getting a puppy in Sihanoukville.

Post by kyleincambo »

So my wife and I promised our 2 year old we would get a puppy once we moved into our own house. Now that we are fully settled in our house I am wondering the best way to go about finding a puppy (preferably with needed shots). I saw a shifty stall on the side of the road by Judys wanting $350 for a golden retriever but that is way more than we want to spend. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

much appreciated
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Getting a puppy in Sihanoukville.

Post by StroppyChops »

kyleincambo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am So my wife and I promised our 2 year old we would get a puppy once we moved into our own house. Now that we are fully settled in our house I am wondering the best way to go about finding a puppy (preferably with needed shots). I saw a shifty stall on the side of the road by Judys wanting $350 for a golden retriever but that is way more than we want to spend. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

much appreciated
If you've got anyone travelling to PP, PPAWS is often advertising free pups that have already had their shots - do you want their Facebook page?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

PPAWs is great, and the lady who runs it is worth meeting!
she has a WHOLE HOUSE full of cats and another house next door with people to look after them!

If you can't get to PP, many pagodas have a horde of unwanted dogs and cats.
get them vaxxed.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:54 pm PPAWs is great, and the lady who runs it is worth meeting!
she has a WHOLE HOUSE full of cats and another house next door with people to look after them!

If you can't get to PP, many pagodas have a horde of unwanted dogs and cats.
get them vaxxed.
She's now left PPAWS and opened her own clinic in TTP, Frank - agreed, though, she's really good people.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

kyleincambo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am So my wife and I promised our 2 year old we would get a puppy once we moved into our own house. Now that we are fully settled in our house I am wondering the best way to go about finding a puppy (preferably with needed shots). I saw a shifty stall on the side of the road by Judys wanting $350 for a golden retriever but that is way more than we want to spend. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

much appreciated
Check out the Expats and Locals Living in Sihanoukville FB page. They often have puppies to give or sell there. Or just ask there if anyone has whatever you are looking for.
Otherwise, this is a vet clinic where they may be able to help you. I've never done business with them, but never heard anything amiss.
Our Address:

ap. L11-5, Emario Resort Compound, Hawaii Beach, Pee Thnou Street, Sihanoukville
+855 98 215 104
+855 96 224 5533
[email protected]
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

Thanks for the info fellas. We will be in PP in August so we might have to wait till then. I will try the local stuff in the mean time.

Many thanks
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

This is PPAWS Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/PPAWSCambodia/

If you follow it you'll see puppies and kittens as they come available. If you see anything you like near to the time you're heading to PP I can help out - my company has a close relationship with PPAWS.
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

Sounds good stroppy. I might take you up on that offer.

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 pm This is PPAWS Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/PPAWSCambodia/

If you follow it you'll see puppies and kittens as they come available. If you see anything you like near to the time you're heading to PP I can help out - my company has a close relationship with PPAWS.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Please be aware that it will cost around $500 to get the certification to allow your dog / cat into most western countries.
I recently checked with Agrovet. Not checked with PPaws yet, hoping it is a bit cheaper.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

There's a saik piseh stall opposite the Golden Lions Gym, you could ask who their supplier is and get a whole crate of puppies

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic