Good internet cafe in Phnom Penh-suggestions- please

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Good internet cafe in Phnom Penh-suggestions- please

Post by taabarang »

I have recently discovered that the website for my wife's rural homestay is now listed as "404", no surprise really it functioned well and unedited for years. The one good internet cafe in Kampong Cham went under years ago, so now there are only few left, all frequented by highschool truants madlyand loudly in love with their computer gmes of murder and mayhem. So I am looking for
1) a more sedate place where
2) there is someone in charge can help me refresh my memory with a few basic skills.

When my computer brokedownI switched to iPhonesand have lost basic expertise. I am NOT looking for someone o do it for me; I just need a bit of basic coaching. So please suggest names and addresses that meet
my needs. Thank you.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Good internet cafe in Phnom Penh-suggestions- please

Post by Duncan »

taabarang wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:06 am I have recently discovered that the website for my wife's rural homestay is now listed as "404", no surprise really it functioned well and unedited for years. The one good internet cafe in Kampong Cham went under years ago, so now there are only few left, all frequented by highschool truants madlyand loudly in love with their computer gmes of murder and mayhem. So I am looking for
1) a more sedate place where
2) there is someone in charge can help me refresh my memory with a few basic skills.

When my computer brokedownI switched to iPhonesand have lost basic expertise. I am NOT looking for someone o do it for me; I just need a bit of basic coaching. So please suggest names and addresses that meet
my needs. Thank you.

I thought you had kids. ? You would be surprised at how much they know , if you only ask them first. Whenever I need help on my computer, the first person I ask is my 8 year old.

Failing that ,, next step is to ask my 15 year old , then the 17 year old.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

As I mentioned my computer has been put of service for years. IPhone format is not big enough.
Anyone have a reasonable response to my question?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Surely you can watch YouTube on your iPhone.

This will give you BASIC coaching

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Nope I can't sign in to YouTube, Google has fucked up my access to that and Google play. But I don't want alternative solutions to my question, I want an question specific answer. Surely there is a mod on here with some familiarity with internet cafes.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

You're a cantankerous old cunt you know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

taabarang wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 pm Nope I can't sign in to YouTube, Google has fucked up my access to that and Google play. But I don't want alternative solutions to my question, I want an question specific answer. Surely there is a mod on here with some familiarity with internet cafes.
You dont need a g oogle account to watch you tube ..... and even if u did
just open a new google account, not rocket science :beer3:

Ur going to have to access whomever hosted ur /her site plus whomever the domain name is registered with and pay them
If u dont know than .....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Clarification seems to be needed. I would like an answer to my question and not interpretations of the problem. To wit: what internet cafe can you recommend that meets my specifications?

Yes, I am a cantankerous old cunt with imbeciles that can't cipher simple English.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Yes, the question is quite clear, but I don't have an answer. There's an internet shop near my house, but it is full of kids playing 'killem all' types of games.

Alternatively, if you can bring a couple of chickens and some garden fresh veges, you can come and use my wifi.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"There's an internet shop near my house, but it is full of kids playing 'killem all' types of games."

Yep I know that scenario well. Unfortunately we stopped raising chickens, all our mangos have been sold, and my garden won't be ready to harvest until fall. Plus I need access to a desktop. Thanks for the thought, but "deal dammit deal."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic