Garage Bar In Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE AGAIN for $15,000

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Garage Bar In Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE AGAIN for $15,000

Post by General Mackevili »

The once popular expat bar, Garage Bar, on Street 110 off of Phnom Penh's riverside is for sale again.

Considering this is the third time it's been flipped recently, I think it's clear it's an unprofitable "business" to buy, but if you have $15,000 to blow, could make for a fun hobby.

The owner says it's "profitable," but making $1 more than you spent buying it and running it could technically be considered "profitable" by some standards, LoL.

And to add insult to injury, it appears it only has about 2 more years on the lease at $1,000 a month, so you have only 2 years to get in there and hopefully "profit." And we all know what happens at the end of a lease in Cambodia most of the time.

So, with the cost of the business plus the rent you'll need to "PROFIT" $40,000 just to break even, and that's before even paying any staff.

Sounds like a shit deal to me, but I'm a bit biased after the whole $6 Lady Drink fiasco there last year, and I'm glad to see it on the market. :thumb:

The owner says there's a "legitimate reason for sale," and I would assume being unprofitable as fuck falls under a very legitimate reason, so buy it and be the next Garage Bar owner with a legitimate reason to sell.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Garage Bar In Phnom Penh, Cambodia FOR SALE AGAIN for $15,000

Post by StroppyChops »

To be fair - weren't you banned from there? :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Iconic? Webster's says: "widely known and acknowledged especially for distinctive excellence". Yea, that's it. You can buy it and sit outside alone watching all the customers flood in and out of Larry's.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote:To be fair - weren't you banned from there? :D
Haha, yes, that's what I linked to.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

No idea how beer is still sold so cheaply with rents that high. That is why bars like this will never make real money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I've walked into that place many times and me being a non drinker of alcohol, I'm almost tempted to buy it, as I know I could make it run at a profit.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Duncan wrote:I've walked into that place many times and me being a non drinker of alcohol, I'm almost tempted to buy it, as I know I could make it run at a profit.
Will I be unbanned? :stir:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:41 pm
Duncan wrote:I've walked into that place many times and me being a non drinker of alcohol, I'm almost tempted to buy it, as I know I could make it run at a profit.
Will I be unbanned? :stir:

Have you ever heard of a two headed hammer.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Stick around for a while in PP or SR (possibly SHV, too) and you see bars, restaurants and so on open with
joyous fanfare and - sad to say - close with tears or even shutter their doors silently, like torpedoed ships.

The splendid Party Bar on Soksan in SR being one such, among many ...

I'd be interesting to know the percentage of those foreigners who walked away with more money than they
brought in - twenty percent, maybe?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

boozyoldman wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 pm Stick around for a while in PP or SR (possibly SHV, too) and you see bars, restaurants and so on open with
joyous fanfare and - sad to say - close with tears or even shutter their doors silently, like torpedoed ships.

The splendid Party Bar on Soksan in SR being one such, among many ...

I'd be interesting to know the percentage of those foreigners who walked away with more money than they
brought in - twenty percent, maybe?
Way too optimistic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic