Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 72
Spain

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by AlonzoPartriz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:22 am

This is the sort of thing they sell afa crockery goes.

Image

Not bad for $3.40 the lot. I think it would have been around $60 if I had bought them at Lucky's.
See crook!!!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 pm
Reputation: 67
Cambodia

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by Pizzalover » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 pm

You did not get the white bowls with red inside. I bought two, 8-9 others were damaged. Yes, you can find some cheap stuff but for the most part you need impaired eye-sight for the colors etc.


My remark about the supermarket referred to Samudera in SHV. All white stuff, good choice, and excellent prices. Plus formats I did not see at the PP shop. No large bowls. Samudera less than 2 USD.


Good that you found that you were looking for but many might find the shop rather underwhelming and wanting.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 am
Reputation: 72
Spain

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by AlonzoPartriz » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Pizzalover wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 pm
You did not get the white bowls with red inside. I bought two, 8-9 others were damaged. Yes, you can find some cheap stuff but for the most part you need impaired eye-sight for the colors etc.


My remark about the supermarket referred to Samudera in SHV. All white stuff, good choice, and excellent prices. Plus formats I did not see at the PP shop. No large bowls. Samudera less than 2 USD.


Good that you found that you were looking for but many might find the shop rather underwhelming and wanting.
Yeah, I bought my old stuff from Samudera. Much nicer designs, but at $3 I'm not complaining. I quite like the colours myself.
See crook!!!
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 503
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by timmydownawell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Another option for this stuff is the Bangkok Shop on E4 of Sorya Mall beside the food court.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1297
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by Duncan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:41 pm

AlonzoPartriz wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:45 pm
Pizzalover wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 pm
You did not get the white bowls with red inside. I bought two, 8-9 others were damaged. Yes, you can find some cheap stuff but for the most part you need impaired eye-sight for the colors etc.


My remark about the supermarket referred to Samudera in SHV. All white stuff, good choice, and excellent prices. Plus formats I did not see at the PP shop. No large bowls. Samudera less than 2 USD.


Good that you found that you were looking for but many might find the shop rather underwhelming and wanting.
Yeah, I bought my old stuff from Samudera. Much nicer designs, but at $3 I'm not complaining. I quite like the colours myself.


When you are happy with the colours on your plate, no mater how badly you cook your food ,,, you can still be happy with it.

Ain't life great.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 pm
Reputation: 67
Cambodia

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by Pizzalover » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Duncan another of your post that reflect your way of deep thinking. I m glad your not in command of a ship as your passengers would have to walk all the way.

The one thing you do not want is a damaged piece - particularly brown color. Why? Brown is produced with arsenic. Other color pigments can also be highly toxic. So if you coffee mug or bowl etc. has a crack or some other damage - the waste bin it is. Be good to your health - in case that still matters.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1297
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Where to buy plates and bowls for a decent price?

Post by Duncan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Pizzalover wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:16 pm
Duncan another of your post that reflect your way of deep thinking. I m glad your not in command of a ship as your passengers would have to walk all the way.

The one thing you do not want is a damaged piece - particularly brown color. Why? Brown is produced with arsenic. Other color pigments can also be highly toxic. So if you coffee mug or bowl etc. has a crack or some other damage - the waste bin it is. Be good to your health - in case that still matters.

Dont be silly,,, I'd make them swim .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdsBot [Google], clutchcargo, lurcio, ozguyinshv, shnoukieBRO, steelyRon, taabarang and 215 guests