Buy Ordinary visa at Viet-Cambo border

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Buy Ordinary visa at Viet-Cambo border

Post by ExPenhMan »

I feel kind of silly asking but I've never bought an Ordinary visa at a land border crossing in all these years. Can I buy the 30-day Ordinary (ex-biz) visa at Bavet immigration after crossing into Cambodia from Moc Bai, VN? Might be doing this soon. A thousand thanks.
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Buy Ordinary visa at Viet-Cambo border

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:43 pm I feel kind of silly asking but I've never bought an Ordinary visa at a land border crossing in all these years. Can I buy the 30-day Ordinary (ex-biz) visa at Bavet immigration after crossing into Cambodia from Moc Bai, VN? Might be doing this soon. A thousand thanks.
i aparently never lived in cambodia ever but yes you can its 30 USD.

bu how woukd i know? i only been in KoW for 7 years on and off.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OP, yes, you can get the Cambodian E-type (Ordinary) VOA at the Bavet/Moc Bai boder crossing.

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm i aparently never lived in cambodia ever but yes you can its 30 USD.

Then you should know that the E-type (Ordinary) VOA costs $35...not $30.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 pm OP, yes, you can get the Cambodian E-type (Ordinary) VOA at the Bavet/Moc Bai boder crossing.

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm i aparently never lived in cambodia ever but yes you can its 30 USD.

LMFAO Kiwi. IF he has ever actually been here, it was obviously for $30 days or less. Doubt he could afford an Ordinary visa anyway, that extra $5 is like 20 x 50c beers. More if you know the right places, nudge nudge, wink wink ay Jamie!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 pm OP, yes, you can get the Cambodian E-type (Ordinary) VOA at the Bavet/Moc Bai boder crossing.

He gets a discount for having a tan from being out in the paddies for seven years.
You could be next.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

A related question: I seem to remember years ago when crossing there, you had to drag your luggage from the bus into the Viet immigration hall to check out. I will have four bags. Does anyone remember how it works and whether it's still the same?
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

I recently did the trip in February by bus. My luggage stayed in the bus the entire time but others that had taken their own ride to the border had to haul their luggage across themselves.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

I think you may have have to pay a little service fee on top of the $35 so carry some loose change and don't go getting hundred dollar bills out in front of anyone. And if you change money at the border check for dodgy notes very carefully.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

pczz wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 pm I think you may have have to pay a little service fee on top of the $35
They might try, but just stand your ground, only suckers pay more than the official visa fee.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Yep. When they got snotty about me wanting a business vis athere I got out my business plans and bored them to death until they told me to get back on the bus. Cambodians are not dumb. they know while they are trying to scam you they could be hitting on easier targets
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic