Australian Filmmaker James Ricketson Arrested at CNRP Rally With a Drone For Espionage in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Australian Filmmaker James Ricketson Arrested at CNRP Rally With a Drone For Espionage in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent »

His sympathy for David Fletcher tells me all I need to know about him.
He is very lucky.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Australian Filmmaker James Ricketson Arrested at CNRP Rally With a Drone For Espionage in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by kiwiincambodia »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Didn’t take long being out of country for his remorseful tone to be undone. Sounds like that letter he sent to HE was all talk to get out early.

What a tosser, hope he does come back and gets marched straight back into the slammer with his bestie Fletch.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:13 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Didn’t take long being out of country for his remorseful tone to be undone. Sounds like that letter he sent to HE was all talk to get out early.

What a tosser, hope he does come back and gets marched straight back into the slammer with his bestie Fletch.

I didn't see or hear anything '' Quote ,, for his remorseful tone to be undone.'' Did I miss something ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Looks like he made a quick recovery from all those illnesses he was suffering from in the terrible jail. He has to come back to bust Fletch out.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

James Ricketson case: 'Dad saved my life so I helped save him from jail'
04 October 2018 Australia
Australian filmmaker James Ricketson was imprisoned in Cambodia in 2016, accused of spying after flying a drone over an opposition rally. His adopted daughter campaigned tirelessly for his release from a cramped, unsanitary prison - until his pardon last month.

As James Ricketson, 69, and his adopted daughter Roxanne Holmes, 52, talk to me, their battle scars are showing.

On the arm of Mr Ricketson's shirt sleeve is thick, congealed blood, still seeping through from a fight he had with Cambodian prison guards.

It happened on his final day before his sudden release five days prior to our conversation: "I lost a lot of skin," he says. "But these guards were just doing their job in an evil system. They're not bad guys."

Ms Holmes's arm, meanwhile, shows the indented train track scars of years of self-harm - which she discusses openly - following a childhood of intense sexual, physical and emotional abuse.

But today in Sydney, both father and daughter are smiling. They're enjoying the triumph of Ms Holmes's dogged campaign to release her Australian dad from prison.
This is his first media interview since returning home.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-australia-45728213
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Cute, in reality she had very little to do with his release. Got to get those book deals somehow!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Fighting for a father's freedom
The decision to fly a drone over an anti-government rally landed James Ricketson in a Cambodian prison for 15 months. This is the inside story of the Australian filmmaker's ordeal and the fallout for his family.
Australian Story exclusive by Belinda Hawkins and Winsome Denyer
Updated about 2 hours ago

How far would you go to help a family member who was locked up in a third-world prison overseas?

Jesse Ricketson, 36, was confronted with this reality last year, when his father, filmmaker James Ricketson, was jailed in Cambodia, accused of spying.

It was a nightmare that tested relationships between many members of the extended Ricketson family, but none more acutely than the relationship between father and son.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-17/ ... m/10430358
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nestlepoell
Tourist
Philippines

Post by nestlepoell »

the drone guy got pardoned. nice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic