Decent home recipe

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Rama
Expatriate

Re: Decent home recipe

Post by Rama »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:22 pm Cheers for that, must try it. Or a variation depending on what's in the cupboard. Oyster sauce isn't something I'd ever have, and I would only have malt/ spirit/ balsamic or wine vinegar around. I guess I could buy some cider vinegar and oyster sauce though.
Wouldn't buy Oyster sauce at the moment, there is a bad batch going around with some illegal toxic preservatives that "could kill"
http://www.rfa.org/khmer/news/health/to ... 53740.html
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Off subject somewhat, but is that audio a direct read of the text?

Trying to brush up on reading Khmer.
-insert signature here
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Yes. 98%
Not actually listened to this article (I just read it) but any article on Radio Free Asia with audio is almost a direct reading of the article text. Apart from sometimes the introductory paragraph(s) which can be a summary introduction read by another reporter and sometimes interview quotations within the article are paraphrased.
Great resource. I try to read an article a day and most days listen to their radio/YouTube news bulletin or interview programme.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Excellent thank you!

I've been dying for a good resource to study that I'm interested in, but I just can't bring myself to listen to karaoke or dubbed Chinese dramas. This I definitely think I could keep interest in though.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic