Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

Post by Hotdigr »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pm If we are going to moderate every newbie in Cambodia, who gives wrong advice because he thinks he knows it all, well, Stroppy, you and me would have been banned a few years ago ay mate and rightly so.
I don't believe that, you both seem like you were pretty clued-in before you ever hit these shores. Unfortunately that doesn't go for everyone.
Yaeh, but now days there is enough information available, that no one should be going anywhere completely clueless mate. If they are getting advice here, then they have internet access and so they should be cross referencing things with other people and other sites. To blame 1 poster just seems a bit petty to me. Yes, he is a fukwit, but you know... Caveat Emptor also.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 am I'm curious - I asked about whether a small number of moderated threads for serious discussions would be a good idea.

This would not have any impact on the normal day-to-day activity of the forum - it would be something additional off to one side.

Why so challenged? No, seriously, why does me asking the question upset you so much?
Mate, really? Why can't you moderate yourself. That's not personal btw, you could read it as why can't WE moderate OURSELVES. I was on mod review here for awhile, I learnt not to post when I was pissed. I learnt to moderate MYSELF!
No challenge, just sometimes you need to know when tha fuk to shut tha fuk up. Seriously, you and Jamie use this forum now as if you are sitting in a bar just talking to each other and to be honest, I'm getting bored of it. Go and sit in a bloody bar and talk to each other ay?!
So you've just given a first-hand account of how moderation (in this case, mod review of you) works until an individual poster learns to self-moderate to the level that the group will accept. Aren't you making my point?

I'm not going to apologise because you don't like the interaction between Jamie and I, but I would suggest you check our post counts - I imagine others have realised that we're subconsciously having a gentleman's race to a certain milestone, and given our karma counts, I don't think anyone else begrudges that as much as you seem to.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:45 pm

you would have to tempt me over to Koh Wrong first, 5 years and ive still not been lol

i actually nearly went a couple of months ago, i was on the speed ferry to the island, ended up staying on the boat, going back to SHV, then jumped on the last bus to PP to go to a khmer friends Bday party :plus1:
Mate, as you know, I have actively discouraged people from going to Koh Rong for a few years. For Koh Touch, the main beach, I still will. However, Koh Rong is changing, as is most of Sihanoukville, as you know. Longset beach is a fukn tropical paradise.WAY away from the shit that we all think as Koh Wrong. In fact, it is a fukn WORLD away The only place I have ever been that comes close is Ha'atafu beach on Tonga Ta'apa. It is absolutely pristine. I might even shout you your 1st L.I.I.T when you come over!
Anyway, can't someone moderate this fukn thread and keep it on topic? Its about heavily moderating threads to keep them on topic from memory!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm
So you've just given a first-hand account of how moderation (in this case, mod review of you) works until an individual poster learns to self-moderate to the level that the group will accept. Aren't you making my point?
No, completely disagreeing with your point. You are asking for heavy moderation on threads. You are the biggest thread derailer here by a mile. Moderate yourself. I would never call for any mod to moderate you, thats bullshit dobbing.

I'm not going to apologise because you don't like the interaction between Jamie and I, but I would suggest you check our post counts - I imagine others have realised that we're subconsciously having a gentleman's race to a certain milestone, and given our karma counts, I don't think anyone else begrudges that as much as you seem to.
Not begrudging anything mate! But you have just come back on the forum after a fairly lengthy dummy spit, and now you want us to put up with your "gentlemen's race"? All good if you are actually contributing something positve, but any one of us with an internet connection could start posting thousands of cat memes and absolute drivel to be what> 1st to 10,000? Who gives a fukn shit? Thats just the same as you, Orange Dragon, Cambod and Vlad vying to be the biggest waster of everyone else's time on the other forum.
Actually, at least BKK trys to contribute, misguided as he is.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm
No, completely disagreeing with your point. You are asking for heavy moderation on threads. You are the biggest thread derailer here by a mile. Moderate yourself. I would never call for any mod to moderate you, thats bullshit dobbing.

Not begrudging anything mate! But you have just come back on the forum after a fairly lengthy dummy spit, and now you want us to put up with your "gentlemen's race"? All good if you are actually contributing something positve, but any one of us with an internet connection could start posting thousands of cat memes and absolute drivel to be what> 1st to 10,000? Who gives a fukn shit? Thats just the same as you, Orange Dragon, Cambod and Vlad vying to be the biggest waster of everyone else's time on the other forum.
Actually, at least BKK trys to contribute, misguided as he is.
Wow ... uhh ... okay. Better?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Wow ... uhh ... okay. Better?
Yeah, good mate, Definitely not begrudging you guys post superiority.
And FFS, can you learn to edit your quoting, so that we don't have to go through like, 1/2 a page of the last comment and 10 repeated memes to get to your 2 word reply? Please? It just SO fukn tedious and it chews up my very expensive bandwidth as well :evil:
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

I'm on a 3g connection, but $1 usually gets me a GB or two before I need to top off. I spend at most, $15 a month if I watch a lot of videos. How much are you paying?
-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:53 pm
Anyway, can't someone moderate this fukn thread and keep it on topic? Its about heavily moderating threads to keep them on topic!

now go make me a long island!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm I'm not going to apologise because you don't like the interaction between Jamie and I, but I would suggest you check our post counts - I imagine others have realised that we're subconsciously having a gentleman's race to a certain milestone, and given our karma counts, I don't think anyone else begrudges that as much as you seem to.
haha when you first came back i felt up to the challenge, but then i realised theres no way i can keep up, i managed to overtake again the other day, now youre what 100 posts in front :suicide:

and how have you got that much Karma! :mrgreen:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:47 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm I'm not going to apologise because you don't like the interaction between Jamie and I, but I would suggest you check our post counts - I imagine others have realised that we're subconsciously having a gentleman's race to a certain milestone, and given our karma counts, I don't think anyone else begrudges that as much as you seem to.
haha when you first came back i felt up to the challenge, but then i realised theres no way i can keep up, i managed to overtake again the other day, now youre what 100 posts in front :suicide:
It's like a second honeymoon for me, the novelty will wear off shortly. Also, I spend my spare time a little differently to you! :D
and how have you got that much Karma! :mrgreen:
I employ Pakistani university students to data-mine karma, only a few cents per point...

Edit: I see your meme-ing skills are strong now, young padawan...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic