Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:21 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Я не думаю, что они из России. Я думаю, что они используют Google Translate. Как вы думаете?

хуй знает, похую. мы увидим.

Btw if you're looking for some laughs, try Google Translate from Japanese to English.
... and then BACK to English. Or Korean.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 pm On Khmer440 it was generally understood that anyone new asking questions about Cambodia was to be treated gently, unless they were obvious trolls asking something outrageous. I was a bit concerned a few days ago that BKK Trapper was posting dubious advice to a new-time poster. That's just misleading someone who likely didn't know that he was one of the most clueless people ever to post here. A solid forum should try to keep a good reputation, and not allow clowns like him to bullshit uninformed new-comers. :assasin:
And what would happen if that person ran into trouble from following bad advice is NOT that they would say "Trapper gave me this information" BUT rather "I got this bad information from CEO (what a bunch of wankers)."
Guys, different topic, different thread. If this was a "heavily moderated" thread, I would delete both of your comments, because they aren't on topic. This thread came about because Stroppy got real serious about christian bullshit ( mate, that is MY opinion of Christianity, like it or lump it) on another thread. He and Jamie took it WAY off topic and now he wants moderation to keep it on topic? At least Bkk, clueless idiot that he is sort of keeps it on the topic of the thread. If we are going to moderate every newbie in Cambodia, who gives wrong advice because he thinks he knows it all, well, Stroppy, you and me would have been banned a few years ago ay mate and rightly so.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm
AE86 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:40 pm
Алина Анисимов wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm
I think that went down the tubes , when SQUF's name and photos were posted on the forum (was told about the juicey thread from another user who wasn't impressed. As for the mods here Jamie and Username taken have a good grasp on the subject.Jamie I loved the way you are willing to give BB Trapper a chance,like everything in this world, it's not always your cup of coffee, doesn't mean others can't enjoy it or find it amusing.
Did I just go off topic.....delete delete delete !
Ваще, Плакат на русском языке! Откуда ты Алина?
Я не думаю, что они из России. Я думаю, что они используют Google Translate. Как вы думаете?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 pm Seriously, you and Jamie use this forum now as if you are sitting in a bar just talking to each other and to be honest, I'm getting bored of it. Go and sit in a bloody bar and talk to each other ay?!
would be handy if we actually lived in the same place tbh...
i might put you back on mod review :stir:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pmThis thread came about because Stroppy got real serious about christian bullshit ( mate, that is MY opinion of Christianity, like it or lump it) on another thread.
That's quite a leap, mate - I don't think I've ever, not once, backed away from any comment made about Christianity, and I don't reckon that's fair to suggest I'm looking to have my own moderated Christian threads.

I've always respected your view on Christianity, but I'm surprised that's your assessment of me personally.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pm If we are going to moderate every newbie in Cambodia, who gives wrong advice because he thinks he knows it all, well, Stroppy, you and me would have been banned a few years ago ay mate and rightly so.
I don't believe that, you both seem like you were pretty clued-in before you ever hit these shores. Unfortunately that doesn't go for everyone.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 pm Seriously, you and Jamie use this forum now as if you are sitting in a bar just talking to each other and to be honest, I'm getting bored of it. Go and sit in a bloody bar and talk to each other ay?!
Just fukn try it Lambo, next time only cheap shit 1/2 shots in your fukn Long Island mate! :stir:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 pm
Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pm If we are going to moderate every newbie in Cambodia, who gives wrong advice because he thinks he knows it all, well, Stroppy, you and me would have been banned a few years ago ay mate and rightly so.
I don't believe that, you both seem like you were pretty clued-in before you ever hit these shores. Unfortunately that doesn't go for everyone.
Thanks JB - I suspect you might actually mean that.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 pm
Hotdigr? clued up? must have lost a few braincells since being here then :dm: :stir:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 pm
Just fukn try it Lambo, next time only cheap shit 1/2 shots in your fukn Long Island mate! :stir:
you would have to tempt me over to Koh Wrong first, 5 years and ive still not been lol

i actually nearly went a couple of months ago, i was on the speed ferry to the island, ended up staying on the boat, going back to SHV, then jumped on the last bus to PP to go to a khmer friends Bday party :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic