Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Should we ask the mods for a small number of moderated threads?

Post by General Mackevili »

Алина Анисимов wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:31 am Hotdigr wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 am
Both these idea's go against the very reason this forum was founded.

I agree, we are not thaivisa
I think that went down the tubes , when SQUF's name and photos were posted on the forum (was told about the juicey thread from another user who wasn't impressed. As for the mods here Jamie and Username taken have a good grasp on the subject.Jamie I loved the way you are willing to give BB Trapper a chance,like everything in this world, it's not always your cup of coffee, doesn't mean others can't enjoy it or find it amusing.
Did I just go off topic.....delete delete delete !
I understand your concern, but you should at least know that he made serious threats of violence against someone's wife, even pointing out that they were out of the country and therefore unable to protect their wife, AND followed it up with, "go ahead and post screenshots, I don't give a fuck," for which he later justified by saying, "come on bro, I was drunk as shit, and you knew that," and we deleted it after his "clarification, and I even said that if that's not what he meant at the time of his drunken threats I apologize.

That was 2 years ago, and now I'm 2 years wiser at moderating and to be honest, if that same scenario happened right now, I would have learned a lot since then about just how very important is is that everyone trusts us 100%.

In hindsight, I should have REALLY gotten indisputable permission from him that he couldn't wiggle out of before doing that, but at the time I thought his statement was a green light to do it, and I am still truly sorry if I misunderstood his drunken permission.

That was a fucking nightmare, and it still seems he's not even sorry for his unforgivable threats. And I still think he's a racist, hateful piece of shit and the entire country's a better place with his absence.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. :(
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm
Spoiler:
Алина Анисимов wrote:

I think that went down the tubes , when SQUF's name and photos were posted on the forum (was told about the juicey thread from another user who wasn't impressed. As for the mods here Jamie and Username taken have a good grasp on the subject.Jamie I loved the way you are willing to give BB Trapper a chance,like everything in this world, it's not always your cup of coffee, doesn't mean others can't enjoy it or find it amusing.

I understand your concern, but you should at least know that he made serious threats of violence against someone's wife, even pointing out that they were out of the country and therefore unable to protect their wife, AND followed it up with, "go ahead and post screenshots, I don't give a fuck," for which he later justified by saying, "come on bro, I was drunk as shit, and you knew that," and we deleted it after his "clarification, and I even said that if that's not what he meant at the time of his drunken threats I apologize.

That was 2 years ago, and now I'm 2 years wiser at moderating and to be honest, if that same scenario happened right now, I would have learned a lot since then about just how very important is is that everyone trusts us 100%.

In hindsight, I should have REALLY gotten indisputable permission from him that he couldn't wiggle out of before doing that, but at the time I thought his statement was a green light to do it, and I am still truly sorry if I misunderstood his drunken permission.

That was a fucking nightmare, and it still seems he's not even sorry for his unforgivable threats. And I still think he's a racist, hateful piece of shit and the entire country's a better place with his absence.

I wondered what happened with SQUFfy in my absence.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

AE86 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:47 pm How about we just try a "Serious Questions" section in the forum? Easy to open (just create a new section), and then specifically state that it's for serious on topic posts only. No special moderating necessary, I think we can all be adult enough to understand.

Personally I haven't posted much in terms of "fun" and memes because I don't want to ruin other people's threads which might be taken seriously. On the other hand, I like to post fun stuff and joke around too.

While we're at it, I would like a "commons section" for some useful info where we could all vote or opt to get certain helpful threads stickied there. Easy on the mods, serves our purposes too.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm
Алина Анисимов wrote:

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Алина Анисимов wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm
Ваще, Плакат на русском языке! Откуда ты Алина?
-insert signature here
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AE86 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:40 pm
Алина Анисимов wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm
Ваще, Плакат на русском языке! Откуда ты Алина?
Я не думаю, что они из России. Я думаю, что они используют Google Translate. Как вы думаете?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 am I'm curious - I asked about whether a small number of moderated threads for serious discussions would be a good idea.

This would not have any impact on the normal day-to-day activity of the forum - it would be something additional off to one side.

Why so challenged? No, seriously, why does me asking the question upset you so much?
Mate, really? Why can't you moderate yourself. That's not personal btw, you could read it as why can't WE moderate OURSELVES. I was on mod review here for awhile, I learnt not to post when I was pissed. I learnt to moderate MYSELF!
No challenge, just sometimes you need to know when tha fuk to shut tha fuk up. Seriously, you and Jamie use this forum now as if you are sitting in a bar just talking to each other and to be honest, I'm getting bored of it. Go and sit in a bloody bar and talk to each other ay?!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

On Khmer440 it was generally understood that anyone new asking questions about Cambodia was to be treated gently, unless they were obvious trolls asking something outrageous. I was a bit concerned a few days ago that BKK Trapper was posting dubious advice to a new-time poster. That's just misleading someone who likely didn't know that he was one of the most clueless people ever to post here. A solid forum should try to keep a good reputation, and not allow clowns like him to bullshit uninformed new-comers. :assasin:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 pm On Khmer440 it was generally understood that anyone new asking questions about Cambodia was to be treated gently, unless they were obvious trolls asking something outrageous. I was a bit concerned a few days ago that BKK Trapper was posting dubious advice to a new-time poster. That's just misleading someone who likely didn't know that he was one of the most clueless people ever to post here. A solid forum should try to keep a good reputation, and not allow clowns like him to bullshit uninformed new-comers. :assasin:
And what would happen if that person ran into trouble from following bad advice is NOT that they would say "Trapper gave me this information" BUT rather "I got this bad information from CEO (what a bunch of wankers)."
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

StroppyChops wrote: Я не думаю, что они из России. Я думаю, что они используют Google Translate. Как вы думаете?

хуй знает, похую. мы увидим.

Btw if you're looking for some laughs, try Google Translate from Japanese to English.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic