Should Trapper be banned again?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Should Trapper be banned again?

Permanent Ban (including ALL new socks)
33%
Permanent Ban (Mods let new socks on)
No votes
MOD Preview
19%
Leave him be
48%

Total votes: 27
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Should Trapper be banned again?

Post by General Mackevili »

AE86 wrote: Are you really going to let the 1 idiot ruin it for the hundreds of others? I'm really struggling to understand the reasoning here.
Ok, everyone has given us much food for thought, and it's appreciated and has made us mods see it from a lot more angles.

First, I want to address AE's question.

As you can see, there are several people who have no issue with him. Not just us mods, but valuable members. You can throw me in that group. Not that I am a fan, but just that he doesn't bother me. In all my years in forums, I have never put anyone on IGNORE.

That said, many other valuable members have said they find him a fucking nightmare and want him gone. I can see that angle as well.

And like we've said before, having a difference of opinion is welcomed, but trolling or shit talking is not.

We can't, and don't try, to make everyone happy, but it is all of OURS, so we do try to be fair.

As far as I can see, there haven't been hardly any reports about Rice Farmer's Daughter.

So how about this...

We'll put him on Mod Preview for 1 week, and if he seems to want to take it down a few notches, we'll take him off.

Again, help us run this place better by reporting things posts you don't like (fuck off trolls, the last time I said this I had the very same post reported by 3 individuals, LoL).

Again, we'll put him on Mod Preview right now, as do see the other angles to this dilemma, but if you guys could make sure you help bring attention to posts you think CEO would be better off without, we greatly appreciate it.

Again, addressing everyone, but I just wanted to reply specifically to AE's observation, and show that opinions on this matter vary widely, so it's not a case of us thinking, "hey, let's let the monkey who's shitting all over our furniture squat on our sofa," it's really a matter of us all wanting the same thing, just need to help us decide when you notice a monkey shitting on our dining room table before we do.

And to Rice Farmer's Daughter: I honestly believe that NONE of the opinions on here came as a shocker to you, so please take them as you will, but know that we won't tolerate any more bullshit, and the ONLY reason you've gotten this far is because people have been "light" on using the report function, thus really limiting our ability to know without any doubt that you're annoying the fuck outta some fellow members.

P.S. WTF! I just noticed he has 7 KARMA POINTS! And the ONLY negative karma he's received was from someone on our Mod Team! Really, we can't read minds, so you will always be doing us and the whole community a huge favor if you let us know when you see shit you don't like.

As you know, we like to have as much freedom of speech on CEO as (legally?) possible, so please take the time to report something if you think it should be nixed.

And as a reminder, when you post on a topic, you are supporting it. When you post on a website, you are supporting it, and we all want CEO to be a site we are proud to support and be a part of, so help steer us in the right direction. We've been around over 3 years now and continue to gain momentum, so it's more important than ever that we have all of us do what we can to make sure we continue growing.

P.P.S. Stroppy: Haha, no, we are NOT silent about the results for any such reason! I can tell you that I am unable to see which members voted for what, and I don't think it's possible. If anyone has a link showing how to view who voted on phpBB polls, I wanna see it, as I assumed it's not possible.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:35 pmP.P.S. Stroppy: Haha, no, we are NOT silent about the results for any such reason!
:stir:
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wanna bet we see a reincarnation/sock within a few days?? A tiger cant change his spots
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 pm wanna bet we see a reincarnation/sock within a few days?? A zebra can't change his spots
Your punctuation was lacking - fixed that for you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

agree with GM if he posts something you dont like, just report it, then it will be dealt with, if the mods get sick of the reports, they will just impose a ban
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:agree with GM if he posts something you dont like, just report it, then it will be dealt with, if the mods get sick of the reports, they will just impose a ban
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:11 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 pm wanna bet we see a reincarnation/sock within a few days?? A zebra can't change his spots
:stir: ""??? zebras have stripes :plus1:

But my bad
a tiger cant change his stripes ( i like tigers more than Zebras
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:11 pm
:stir: ""??? zebras have stripes :plus1:
Oh, you saw that?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:39 pm agree with GM if he posts something you dont like, just report it, then it will be dealt with, if the mods get sick of the reports, they will just impose a ban
i 've got him on ignore so will need report someone else post that choose to quote him :stir:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Tigers and zebras can't change their spots but a leopard can always change its stripes.
You could be next.
Locked Previous topicNext topic