Do you carry your passport/copy?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do you carry your passport/copy?

I never leave home without it.
4%
Sometimes.
21%
Never.
75%

Total votes: 24
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Do you carry your passport/copy?

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:You spend a huge amount of time and effort trying to be able to say 'gotcha'. Don't you have any hobbies?
This. From a dude who has posted 2,419 times.

I rest my case, Jesus Vendor...ha!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:You spend a huge amount of time and effort trying to be able to say 'gotcha'. Don't you have any hobbies?

Promise?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:

Promise?
Damn, you Missionaries and your damn promises...I can't promise my virginity - too late...oh well...can you?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote: Oh no...Stroppy Bear is a missionary and...a Libertarian...hmmm...don't make no sense - Libs despise rules and regulations (of any kind whatsoever) and that "good book" of yours is nothing but a massive list of what you can't do. Or you go due south forever on the flaming fires of permanent barbeque-land.

So which is it, Bro? That good 'ol Boy image you are rockin' can only be so flexible you know?
There we go! Combine the best of both worlds! Onyer, cobber!
Ha! Gotcha...yer either a fake Missionary or...a fake Libertarian...ha! Can a true Libertarian tell Jesus to get lost if he wants to sin 'cause he don't take orders from no one - ever? Can't answer that one, eh?
Actually, a true libertarian would act on his own personal values, which may easily be influenced by his own personal beliefs. Your presented contradiction is a false one. Libertarians despise force, particularly in the form of one person forcing another. This IS most commonly done via rules, especially at a government level. But personal values, and deciding to align them with the sets of values put forth via a religion, aren't forced. No one forces you to stay with a church/set of beliefs/etc...
Expatriate

Post by 104 »

But not unusual for church officials or missionaries to force themselves on vulnerable members judging by revelations over the years.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sure... but that's really a different subject. And not really unique to religion... but common in many systems where one is put into power over others.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Also, for all the harassment being handed out by dengaham, I'd like to point out that zero people have responded that they always carry it, 3 that they sometimes do, and 12 who never do. So it seems to be far from uncommon for people to run around without them.

What i do carry on me (usually) is my US state ID card... in the worst case it would be given to the embassy so that i could be identified.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

When 80% of respondents say they don't ever carry their passport yet they live in a foreign country, surely that should make you question the validity of the original question. I carry mine when I travel, reckon most of you do too, I also carry it if I'm travelling in Cambodia as you need it for booking accommodation or renting motos - so that is why I said I carry it occasionally.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I carry it when I know i'm going to need it - buying a vehicle, booking into accommodation, government business, signing a lease, banking administration - but not normally. Nor do I yet carry copies, this is something we're 'getting to'.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Joker Poker wrote:When 80% of respondents say they don't ever carry their passport yet they live in a foreign country, surely that should make you question the validity of the original question.
I believe they are asking "do you carry your passport with you at all times?", as is the law for foreigners in most countries. Thailand has recently clarified that foreigners can carry a photocopy of their passport ID page, as long as you have had that photocopy verified and stamped at the local immigration office (which I doubt anybody has been doing thus far). The fine there for not having proper ID with you at all times is 2000 Baht, but this requirement is nothing new...it just hasn't been actively enforced until the junta started cracking down.

Looks like maybe Cambodia is taking the first steps to a crackdown as well?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic