Which documents are needed when buying a land?

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Which documents are needed when buying a land?

Post by beaker »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:13 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am
Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 am [quote=AlonzoPartriz post_

As far as the sangkhat giving out soft titles goes, they often give people who want MFI loans multiple copies of deeds

for the same land for say five different
loans, so each of the MFI's gets it's own thumprinted copy. Lol. No wonder the MFIs were wanting all loans to come from one company, and trying to form a database of how many loans a person had.
Been there done that.,,, I still have a soft title to an apartment in PP that I bought in 2004 but a new soft title was issued for it a couple of years later and it was then sold .

My advice from experience, A soft title is a bit of paper that says you bought it. It does not say you own it.
even for hard title its the same shit, only true title is your ability to enforce the little piece of paper, be it soft or hard
[/quote]

I dont think that's right.,,,, With a hard title it's all done through the Ministry of Land Management and a copy or duplicate cannot be issued . A New hard title is only made after the land size has been measured, by them, even if it is a third story apartment, and it gives all the measurements, including North/South/E/W on that hard title . Even if you want a photo copy of the hard title they will not do it. Where as a soft title is done at village level and there is no record of past previous owners. Virtually a piece of paper with a red rubber stamp and thumb prints.
I also have a soft title of another apartment I bought , which turns out that it's a copy. I defy anyone to tell the difference between a original and a copy.
[/quote]

anyone can buy a printer/scanner to make a copy
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

beaker wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 pm
Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:13 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am
Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 am [quote=AlonzoPartriz post_

As far as the sangkhat giving out soft titles goes, they often give people who want MFI loans multiple copies of deeds

for the same land for say five different
loans, so each of the MFI's gets it's own thumprinted copy. Lol. No wonder the MFIs were wanting all loans to come from one company, and trying to form a database of how many loans a person had.
Been there done that.,,, I still have a soft title to an apartment in PP that I bought in 2004 but a new soft title was issued for it a couple of years later and it was then sold .

My advice from experience, A soft title is a bit of paper that says you bought it. It does not say you own it.
even for hard title its the same shit, only true title is your ability to enforce the little piece of paper, be it soft or hard

I dont think that's right.,,,, With a hard title it's all done through the Ministry of Land Management and a copy or duplicate cannot be issued . A New hard title is only made after the land size has been measured, by them, even if it is a third story apartment, and it gives all the measurements, including North/South/E/W on that hard title . Even if you want a photo copy of the hard title they will not do it. Where as a soft title is done at village level and there is no record of past previous owners. Virtually a piece of paper with a red rubber stamp and thumb prints.
I also have a soft title of another apartment I bought , which turns out that it's a copy. I defy anyone to tell the difference between a original and a copy.
[/quote]

anyone can buy a printer/scanner to make a copy
[/quote]

Hard to argue with that statement, and any village idiot can make copies of $100 notes.,,,, But will they pass the inspection test ? Even if someone had a copier that did bigger than A4 , on the thick yellow cardboard that is used, would the sellers finger prints, ID , and family book details match up with the ones held on the hard title file kept at the Ministry of Land Management office ?
That's the difference between Hard and Soft .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Ofiryigal
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Ofiryigal »

Thank you.

I read about the soft and hard titles.

Here they use other words for the land ownership documents.
They use "commune office documents" and "town office documents".

Town office documents are an addition (you choose if you want them or not) to the commune office documents, and they cost extra charge (by hectare).

The land is in an indigenous village (in mondulkiri province), any comments about that?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Ofiryigal wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm Thank you.

I read about the soft and hard titles.

Here they use other words for the land ownership documents.
They use "commune office documents" and "town office documents".

Town office documents are an addition (you choose if you want them or not) to the commune office documents, and they cost extra charge (by hectare).

The land is in an indigenous village (in mondulkiri province), any comments about that?

Have read your post on the other thread, I can safety say you are never ever going to own the land you are looking at. Why not just rent it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

what i meant was, even if you had a hard title, in land grabbing cases for example, a general with thousand of soldiers and a normal businessman, of course the general would be able to enforce his hard title easily, whereas a normal businessman had to pay through his nose up the chain of command to enforce his hard title. therefore even with hard title when there is any dispute you would still need hard power to ensure your assets.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic