Which documents are needed when buying a land?

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Which documents are needed when buying a land?

Post by beaker »

You don't read or speak khmer and you don't understand english enough to know the your question is not correct ,buying a land instead of buying land. Good luck with understanding english legalese.

Your just asking to get ripped off IMHO
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

you need a lawyer
here is a good and expensive one
http://www.sa-asia.com/home/
at least you can trust these guys
do not even think of proceeding on your current track because you are going to lose it all
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Not sure 'trust' and 'lawyer' belong in the same sentence.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

expensive is the qualifier
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OP....get professional advice, use a reputable property lawyer...stop asking for advice and contract templates, etc from a bunch of anonymous people on an Internet forum!

:horse: :BangHead:
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm I'm sorry to say, but you sound extremely clueless. I would suggest consulting a professional, Independent Property Services offer free advice and can assist you with all of the legalities for a fee.

I have a feeling the next thread you start may be about the land you purchased being sold by your nominee
What like Greg Fryatt you mean? Lol
Just to remnd people that Greg bought land that was cleared for him before he bought it. He is now serving plenty time in prison here as apparently he arranged for the person that sold him the land to make a dodgey deed, not the person who sold him it. Lol. He also got charged with clearing land he didn't in fact own (he thought at the time he did own it) , even though it was proved he didn't own it at the time it was cleared. Confused? You should​ be.
He is still in prison, and every piece of equipment including homes for workers and a school for their children that he owns has been stolen. The usual MO is for the lawyer and courts to bleed all the money you have from you before letting you out. It's just state blackmail really.
Anyone who doesn't know the case should have a read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 62441.html

And from a family member
from that FB page:

Gregg Fryett - My father is illegally imprisoned in Cambodia
January 5 at 11:16pm ·
The verdict is in.....and it makes astonishing reading.
REMEMBER THAT THE COURT AND ACU HAVE BEEN DEMANDING $500,000 TO RELEASE MY FATHER THROUGHOUT FOUR YEARS OF IMPRISONMENT WITHOUT CONVICTION AND FOLLOWING A THIRTY MONTH TRIAL....!
The court found the defendants guilty in order to steal the company equipment worth over a million dollars....... this judgement is unbelievable.
There were four charges predicated on a criminal complaint by an official who is a chief working for the Forestry Administration, the ACU and the cooperative farms.
The Criminal Complaint and the entire prosecution has been identified as corruption of the court by two governors and twenty government officials.
Even Prime Minister HE had instructed the ACU to carry out the Governor's requests by removing the corrupt officials from office in 2012 thereby stopping the corrupt prosecution. The ACU did not carry out the executive order.
The Judgement Summary......
1. The Cooperative Farmers claims were thrown out in their entirety. In other words the investors used good contracts and were fair to the farmers. A revelation perhaps about the conduct of the investors?
2. The defendants 'captured and cleared the land by USING forged documents'......for which the court arrested and confiscated all the equipment.
2.1. The land belonged to the Cambodian Land Seller Madam Mao Malay who is the wife of a Deputy Prime Minister. She is therefore responsible for any land clearance. She was not even arrested or interviewed. She did have to attend trial nor was imprisoned like the investors were...........
2.2 The land had full authority for farming since 2007 according to two governors and twenty other officials so what illegal forest clearing?
2.3 The Forestry Administration had no jurisdiction over the land as it was farm land since 2007 so no legal complaint could be made by the Chief.
2.4 Both the ACU and Investigation Judge stated that General Hanh Chumrong forged the documents 'to cheat the English person'.....! The seller's agent forged paperwork that was passed to lawyers and trustees to validate. Why is the land seller not arrested for PRODUCING these forged documents.......?
SO WHERE IS OUR INVESTMENT OF $11 MILLION?
Also the equipment was essentially stolen, sorry, confiscated according to Article 97 of the Forestry Law to repair the forests that didn't exist. ...... so what is the compensation for? To repair what? Or pay who?
In other words.......pay the ransom or the court, ignoring the law and evidence, will simply take whatever it likes in lieu of the ransom payment and essentially convict any dissenting party regardless of the law and evidence............ or the scandal!
3. A lawyer was part paid $38,000 of an $84,000 invoice covering two years of legal work through audit standard accounts and records further to service agreements and emails from the UK accounts office for the trustee. The defendants are not a party to to the payments or emails. So who was bribed? What evidence?
As the ACU well know, ransom demands requires payment in cash to hide the corruption. That's why they demanded cash to release the defendants including my father. Their not being consistent in their actions.......so unprofessional.
We await the reaction to the injunction and mistrial from the Minister of Justice and the Prime Minister's Cabinet Office as well as the Appeal Court.
My father has been to Appeal Court ten times and Supreme Court four times with no success so far.
It appears more litigation is required.........
The investment climate in Cambodia must be really suffering from the actions and blatant corruption of the Municipal Court and ACU........

As far as the sangkhat giving out soft titles goes, they often give people who want MFI loans multiple copies of deeds for the same land for say five different loans, so each of the MFI's gets it's own thumprinted copy. Lol. No wonder the MFIs were wanting all loans to come from one company, and trying to form a database of how many loans a person had.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
See crook!!!
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm Agreed. Not sure what you intend to do with the land, but you sound totally clueless and in over your head. Doesn't sound too professional (hopefully you're a professional farmer or something). A fool and his money are soon parted and all that. I personally wouldn't use IPS. Overpriced for anything but the so called "free advice", and land isn't really their specialty imo, but definitely go visit an established real estate agency to help you through the process or you'll be swindled in no time at all.

Also, this is a bit of a personal request, but please don't clear additional land. The forest cover has already decreased 70% or so, I find it extremely irresponsible for a foreigner to come along and further contribute to deforestation. Just buy land which is already cleared. Plenty of it around for a good price.
Greg was a farmer. An etablished estate agent here is a crook anyway, whether they be local or foreign. In fact you probably have a better chance at finding an honest Khmer one.

I wonder if the land in question is in Ratnakiri. I heard a while back that foreigners were being offered land up that way in the jungle. I heard some youngens in Otres talking about it. They were getting exited about all the money they could make on the trees they cleared.
See crook!!!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

[quote=AlonzoPartriz post_

[/quote]

As far as the sangkhat giving out soft titles goes, they often give people who want MFI loans multiple copies of deeds

for the same land for say five different
loans, so each of the MFI's gets it's own thumprinted copy. Lol. No wonder the MFIs were wanting all loans to come from one company, and trying to form a database of how many loans a person had.
[/quote]

Been there done that.,,, I still have a soft title to an apartment in PP that I bought in 2004 but a new soft title was issued for it a couple of years later and it was then sold .

My advice from experience, A soft title is a bit of paper that says you bought it. It does not say you own it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 am [quote=AlonzoPartriz post_

As far as the sangkhat giving out soft titles goes, they often give people who want MFI loans multiple copies of deeds

loans, so each of the MFI's gets it's own thumprinted copy. Lol. No wonder the MFIs were wanting all loans to come from one company, and trying to form a database of how many loans a person had.
[/quote]

Been there done that.,,, I still have a soft title to an apartment in PP that I bought in 2004 but a new soft title was issued for it a couple of years later and it was then sold .

My advice from experience, A soft title is a bit of paper that says you bought it. It does not say you own it.
[/quote]

even for hard title its the same shit, only true title is your ability to enforce the little piece of paper, be it soft or hard
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am
Duncan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 am [quote=AlonzoPartriz post_

[/quote]

even for hard title its the same shit, only true title is your ability to enforce the little piece of paper, be it soft or hard
[/quote]

I dont think that's right.,,,, With a hard title it's all done through the Ministry of Land Management and a copy or duplicate cannot be issued . A New hard title is only made after the land size has been measured, by them, even if it is a third story apartment, and it gives all the measurements, including North/South/E/W on that hard title . Even if you want a photo copy of the hard title they will not do it. Where as a soft title is done at village level and there is no record of past previous owners. Virtually a piece of paper with a red rubber stamp and thumb prints.
I also have a soft title of another apartment I bought , which turns out that it's a copy. I defy anyone to tell the difference between a original and a copy.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic