Free Ganzberg Beer in the Streets of Cambodia (if you're quick)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Free Ganzberg Beer in the Streets of Cambodia (if you're quick)

Post by cptrelentless »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:17 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:26 pm I actually haven't tried the beer yet, but I am chuckling at the mental image of rubbish collectors sighing at the sight of all those beer cans lying in the gutter... "ah, sh!t, we have to empty every one of these before we can sell them..."

:lol: Yeah, it's ghastly stuff, although I tried Tuborg recently and that was even worse.
Tuborg, eh. Europe's finest. Beer Lao is German brewed, I met the fat old kraut brewmeister who made it. Some yeas ago. The Chinese prefer Heineken.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:06 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:26 pm I actually haven't tried the beer yet, but I am chuckling at the mental image of rubbish collectors sighing at the sight of all those beer cans lying in the gutter... "ah, sh!t, we have to empty every one of these before we can sell them..."

:lol: Yeah, it's ghastly stuff, although I tried Tuborg recently and that was even worse.
I tend to believe there's a direct ratio between how bad the beer is and how much they have to promote it.
True that: Foster's, Tuborg, Heineken, Budweiser all fall into that category.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i must be the only expat in Cambodia that doesnt have a problem with it, the only time i drink it is at the Ganzberg concerts and they do buy 2 get 1 free deals
i dont drink alcohol because it tastes nice, i drink to get drunk,
ABC, Cider, Beer all tastes like shit,
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

hanno wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:42 am
StroppyChops wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 7:06 pm

I tend to believe there's a direct ratio between how bad the beer is and how much they have to promote it.
True that: Foster's, Tuborg, Heineken, Budweiser all fall into that category.
It's pretty easy to drink 20+ bottles of all the ones you mentioned for people in their 20s but even beer Lao would be hard to drink nonstop all night.

They might make more money because of this which lets them advertise more.

Try drinking teds vs little creatures (or even coopers) and it's easy to see.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

i dont drink alcohol because it tastes nice, i drink to get drunk,

Damn brother James, you're starting to talk like an American. We only have one criteria, does it get the job done ?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:26 pmTry drinking teds vs little creatures (or even coopers) and it's easy to see.
I am not drinking beer at the moment but if a real beer like a Little Creatures Pale Ale showed up now, I'd make an exception. Though very unlikely in this somewhat remote town of Chau Doc. Not even Saigon Special......
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:34 pm i dont drink alcohol because it tastes nice, i drink to get drunk,

Damn brother James, you're starting to talk like an American. We only have one criteria, does it get the job done ?
Britain is more well known for its binge drinking that the Yanks
we been drinking ale since you was even a country laddy lol :stir:
even the cambodians have an ancient proverb...
Phuk somrap srovung
Ber ot phuk somrap srovung
Phuk somrap ey
:beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Tuborg, eh. Europe's finest. Beer Lao is German brewed, I met the fat old kraut brewmeister who made it. Some yeas ago. The Chinese prefer Heineken.
The Chinese in my Cambodain neighborhood prefer Budweiser apparently from the numerous empty boxes.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

It's pleasing to know that you guys are only now just understanding how bad beer tastes . I haven't tasted any of them but you cannot beat the taste of good old distilled water, my favourite drink.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:26 pm It's pleasing to know that you guys are only now just understanding how bad beer tastes . I haven't tasted any of them but you cannot beat the taste of good old distilled water, my favourite drink.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic