Which group ruins the world more

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Who destroys the world more - the unemployed and homeless ugly poor, or the beautiful rich ?

The poor
25%
The rich
75%

Total votes: 8
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Which group ruins the world more

Post by juansweetpotato »

eriksank wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 am
AE86 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:49 amI'm curious (nothing to do with Swedishness), have you ever challenged the Bible though and dug deeper into trying to disprove it? Because I find it very unsatisfying to read "God made the Heavens", and then just accept it.
The bible does not try to explain why it looks like there is a God who created the heavens and the earth. Aristotle does.
AE86 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:49 amIf I were to accept what the Bible says, I would like a lot more than a simple "this book says so" because it seems to make sense.
That is only about morality, which is a list of arbitrary, unexplained, revealed categorical imperatives, that forbids particular behaviours. Immanuel Kant explains in Kritik der praktischen Vernunft, why morality must have that form. It would not work otherwise.

Still, because of the confusion in Christianity as to the status of the Jewish Law that it inherited, using the Bible as a legal system is not particularly recommended.

The approach works much better with the Quran, which is a very consistent legal system ("Sharia"), in widespread use. Just the fact alone that Sharia prevents secular rulers from inventing new law, turns it into a desirable solution. It shuts down every attempt by parliaments of further restricting people's freedom. Sharia does that by declaring man-made law illegitimate. If Sharia did not exist, we would have to invent it.
Ok, if you say so.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

erik reminds me of connecticuter
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

classic thread derailment !
actually I've always believed the poor, by doing the basic animal thing of eating and mating FUEL the selfish lazy few to become rich overlords. IF there were a God, it would seem to be his main job to curtail this greedy grasping rape of the planets simple people, who only want to live their simple life. Let the poor stop reproducing new slaves for the system and see how long that would last.
Never happen of course. So a few will go on manipulating the masses and doing silly things like putting their kid in a Lamborghini on the streets of Cambodia :)
It is getting harder and harder to stay out of the way of the Ferengi tho
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic