I have 5000 Cambodian riel

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I have 5000 Cambodian riel

Post by John Bingham »

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:06 am

thing is i am not staying here to teach english.
No shit? Nobody would give you a job anyway, your English is fucking appalling. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm Wtf is a 'skilled labourer'? A labourer who can read?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Definitely not a labourer that can spell. :plus1:
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

Well atleast i can be involved in menial labour much more satasfying than teaching in third world undeveloped country

i prefer to work in a country (australia) with a good history of human rights and the best wages in tge world.

not cambodia where 1 USD is average wage and working woth khmers is shit i know because i lived in cambodia and workerd woth khmers unlike many who may or may not of lived in Cambodia........
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm Wtf is a 'skilled labourer'? A labourer who can read?

someone who is qualified in a trade that requires manual labour, mainly construction
a skilled labourer is someone like a bricklayer, carpenter etc
a standard labourer is the unqualified bitch/teaboy that stacks out the bricks/mixes the cement, and does most of the actual labour and running around
groundworkers etc are also just classed as labourers although i think i heard they are now doing collage courses to become a "skilled groundworker"
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ricefarmersdaughter wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:09 pm
i prefer to work in a country (australia) with a good history of human rights and the best wages in tge world.
i earn twice as much in the UK for half the amount of hours compared to when i was working in Australia, thats why i fucked off after 9 weeks

$30 per hour is fucking shit wages, i wouldnt get out of bed in the UK for that, i do Price work

England i work from 8am-2/3pm - £2-300
Australia i worked 7am-4.30/5pm - £120

that was in Melbourne though, the Prices in Perth seemed a lot better, cost of living i think is higher there though so swings n round abouts
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

$10 a pint n all, fuck that
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

yes i am considering back to volunteering in japan and try my tinder game with a suit and a few outs fits from MBK in Bang kok.

much bettter than goin back to Australia.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

ricefarmersdaughter wrote:Well atleast i can be involved in menial labour much more satasfying than teaching in third world undeveloped country

not cambodia where 1 USD is average wage and working woth khmers is shit i know because i lived in cambodia and workerd woth khmers unlike many who may or may not of lived in Cambodia........
Mate, you should read up on aboriginal history of you reckon we have a good record of 'human rights' !

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

i lived in cambodia and workerd woth khmers unlike many who may or may not of lived in Cambodia........
You never reply when I, and others, ask how long you actually spent in Cambodia/Vietnam/Thailand. I suspect it wasn't long at all. And negotiating the price of a pineapple does not constitute "working with Khmers".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just ran this through Googletranslate, but strangely enough they are unable to detect the original language.
Not sure that this is any better ? :shrug:
not cambodia where 1 USD is average wage and working with khmers is shit i know because i lived in cambodia and workers with khmers unlike many who may or may not of lived in Cambodia........
Simplified translation : Its always shit where you are, and better where you are not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic