Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
camborambo
Expatriate
Switzerland

Re: Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by camborambo »

You are right sir, somebody Just told me the same.
May he rest in Peace
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Irishman Donal Eoin Creagh Dies at Sara Ethiopian Restaurant on Street 172 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tragic story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

For whatever reason, Donal Creagh was in bad physical shape at the moment he died. This probably contributed in some way to his demise, but the official cause of death has not yet been declared by the Cambodian police forensic experts.
Warning: Graphic photo of deceased person.
Spoiler:
Irish media don't have much to add except that the family are receiving consular assistance.
https://www.sundayworld.com/news/pic-fa ... n-cambodia

Condolences to the family.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Donal was in trouble here a long time ago, and eventually after some intervention went home. I never met him myself but I knew about him. He had underlying issues which led to his demise. It could have happened anywhere. Condolences to his family.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

This story is spreading like wildfire in the international press right now, including The Irish Times, who mentioned CEO:

"An Irishman has died in Cambodia after collapsing in a restaurant in the capital city of Phnom Penh.

According to local media he collapsed shortly after entering an Ethiopian restaurant in the capital on Thursday afternoon. A video taken at the scene shows staff and customers at the restaurant attempting to resuscitate the man before paramedics arrived.

Members of The Cambodia Expats Online forum reported that he was pronounced dead at the scene.
"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... 9?mode=amp

Also here and several other places now too:

http://independent.ie/irish-news/news/i ... 33836.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/cambodia-man-i ... 7-May2017/

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1021051/iris ... nking-tea/

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-ne ... g-10456158
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

jd1965 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm
camborambo wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:47 pm A heavy addicted ice head.
Could be Seen everyday @ GSM.
Don was a smackhead. On about a year overstay, no passport, no visa. He wasn't a bad lad, just rode his luck for a bit too long. I'm pretty convinced that this was a planned suicide. Know a guy who spoke to him about a week ago and suicide was mentioned. Don was pretty much down and out, Awful way to go but in his case it seemed inevitable. Pretty sure he had Hep C. Not the first and won't be the last. RIP

Wish people like this would just kill themselves in their own countries to be honest. Why should Cambodian people have to put up with people like this & the bodies afterwards ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 2:04 am
jd1965 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm
camborambo wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:47 pm A heavy addicted ice head.
Could be Seen everyday @ GSM.
Don was a smackhead. On about a year overstay, no passport, no visa. He wasn't a bad lad, just rode his luck for a bit too long. I'm pretty convinced that this was a planned suicide. Know a guy who spoke to him about a week ago and suicide was mentioned. Don was pretty much down and out, Awful way to go but in his case it seemed inevitable. Pretty sure he had Hep C. Not the first and won't be the last. RIP

Wish people like this would just kill themselves in their own countries to be honest. Why should Cambodian people have to put up with people like this & the bodies afterwards ?
"To be honest", that's not being honest, it's brutal. Think of his family and friends who must all be sad, no matter how or why he died.
The guy is dead and it's the living who read our comments.
You can always start another discussion elsewhere on down and out expats in Cambodia and what you think should be done about them, but this is a thread about a real person who has died recently. :please:
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

Cambodia can be detremental to your health.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

"[R]ich junkies ... can last for years on fairly good quality stuff. It is the poor and ill-educated drinkers and drug addicts
who stumble down the streets, pick fights, steal, vandalise and decline to vagrancy and dereliction."

Stephen Fry in Paperweight 1992
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote:The dictionary says
Glanders: a highly infectious bacterial disease of horses, sometimes transmitted to man, caused by Actinobacillus mallei and characterized by inflammation and ulceration of the mucous membranes of the air passages, skin, and lymph glands
I don't think that's what was meant, I'm guessing that it means he was likely infected with Hep and all sorts of other contagious diseases. Much as you might be trying to help someone there is no sense in exposing yourself to pathogens.
I'm in Pattaya at the moment, and even the damn trees here have glanders.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic