AirBlade with no Plates

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

AirBlade with no Plates

Post by kyleincambo »

I need some help/advice on something.
So I bought a 2015 Honda Airblade a few weeks ago. Pretty much in perfect condition for $810. I fully trust the guy I bought it from too. The bike however has no plates. I just have a bill of sale to the original owner who I bought the bike from. I cant find much information on how to get it registered and get plates. I cant find much info on here either thats helpful. Any tips/advice for getting plates.

I was also wondering why a good nuber of airblades i see around town do not have plates. Seems like more than any other bike I see the bikes without plates are usually airblades. Can someone fill me in?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: AirBlade with no Plates

Post by Username Taken »

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Bought new from a dealer here? Get the original receipts from the seller. Without those, or an import tax receipt, I doubt you'll be able to register it.
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

I have the original bill of sale with fingerprints, and possibly the guy who sold it to me. I have no reg. card or plates. Sp I am wondering what I need to do to get it registered in my name, or at the very least get a license plate. I am also wondering what that cost. Thanks Username Taken, that is somewhat useful.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

"possibly the guy who sold"
:ROFL:

seriously.dont worry. just ride it no one cares.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

kyleincambo wrote:I have the original bill of sale with fingerprints, and possibly the guy who sold it to me. I have no reg. card or plates. Sp I am wondering what I need to do to get it registered in my name, or at the very least get a license plate. I am also wondering what that cost. Thanks Username Taken, that is somewhat useful.
Original bill of sale from your purchase, or from the original purchase from the dealer?

I haven't done it in a long time, but I needed a letter from the local sangkat office, proof of address, import docs and import tax receipt (it was a used import) some photos and $45.

Not sure if sangkat letter is still required to register, but I think you'll need something besides the bill of sale to prove it's yours to register.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

If you don't have the import tax or original import form (very obvious if you do), then the guy sold it to you as a "black market" bike which means it was either illegally brought in the country, stolen and had it's plates removed, or the original owner somehow managed to lose the import tax form just after they'd bought it and never bothered to try and register it the entire time they had the ike.

In short, there's no way for you to register it without paying the import tax, and that's provided the bike isn't stolen. Tax on a new Air Blade is around $400 (just bought one a month? ago so it's fresh in my mind).

I think someone passed on a hot potato to you.
-insert signature here
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

kyleincambo wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pmI bought a 2015 Honda Airblade. Pretty much in perfect condition for $810
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

The guy who sold it to me, is a friend of a friend. We are actually getting coffee tomorrow. I highly doubt its stolen (but I geuss you never know). I believe what i have is the original bill of sale from the dealer (but I dont read Khmer, So I dont really know). I will post a picture of it which might prove of some assisstance. I do realize I could drive it and noone would care. Nothing $5 cant handle. However I would really like to try and do everything as legally as I can. So why did I buy the bike? In retrospect I shouldn't have.

So it seems like the import tax was never paid on the bike probably.
I don't have anything other than these papers.

Any thoughts.
kyleincambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by kyleincambo »

This is what I got as far as paperwork. Can someone explain what this paper actually is?

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic