Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Gisle Reikvam was arrested at 3:55 pm on 11 May 2017 for damaging an ATM.

Earlier, the shock caused by foreign men who stormed the bank's ATM cash withdrawals ABA Postal Cambodia in Phnom Penh's Wat Phnom Daun Penh district.

A source said that Gisle Reikvam, in drunken state and went to withdraw money from an ATM located in a position above the suddenly smashed ATM causes damaged and tried to escape but the security forces and the police arrested.

Please note also that the man who was a stranger had been known as Noah Venezuela but not yet fully identified yet by competent persons were detained and taken to the Police Inspectorate Daun for interrogation.

UPDATED TO INCLUDE: Gisle Reikvam's identity, who's been causing trouble in Cambodia since at least 2013, when he assaulted someone in Siem Reap.

UPDATE: Gisle Reikvam has been arrested in Cambodia yet again, this time for public disturbances in Phnom Penh in September, 2018.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ricefarmersdaughter
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Foreigner Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by ricefarmersdaughter »

looks like another quality tourist from pattaya.

expect a huge fluctuation now Thai have limited there land visa entrys to 2 a year for farang.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Foreigner Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Koon Khmer identifies the ATM smasher as 50-year-old Norwegian tourist Gisle Reikvam.
Don't know why people think that machines work better when you bash the hell out of them. Maybe his card was stuck/swallowed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:42 am Koon Khmer identifies the ATM smasher as 50-year-old Norwegian tourist Gisle Reikvam.
Don't know why people think that machines work better when you bash the hell out of them. Maybe his card was stuck/swallowed.
i heard it was because it ran out of receipt paper
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Koon Khmer identifies the ATM smasher as 50-year-old Norwegian tourist Gisle Reikvam.
It seems Gisle Reikvam from Norway has been causing trouble in Cambodia since at least 2013. I found this about him, and it's someone complaining that he assaulted them:

"Earlier today I was physically assaulted by this person. Beware of them: Gisle Reikvam, male, 45, Norway. Passport #28877588

He shoved me down and spit on me as I walked past him on the stairs at my guest house. No picture. I belive he is what we call in New York a bit shit crazy mother f*ucker.

They even posted his passport number, which makes it a confirmed identification on the wanker.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

what is it with scands and atms?
the ones who are misbehaving often pass themselves off as russian, like kiwis and canuckles do with their neighbours.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Oh, and he's staying on Street 172, which is a real shocker.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

think hes pregnant too looking at the test, could be the cause of his anger, the thought of the struggle being a single father probably troubled him
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Jamie_Lambo wrote:think hes pregnant too looking at the test,..
Oh dear, this is going from bad to worse. I almost feel bad for him.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

So what happens next ? Does Gisle get a slap on the wrist and pay a donation to the police orphans' fund or what ? Go to jail ?
Illegal online gamblers get deported, and ATM-smashers get ... ?

Not ready with the pitchforks yet :mob: Just wondering. ATM-smashing seems to be the latest trend in the "foreigners behaving badly" series. Remember the good old days when foreigners getting naked was all the rage ? Nostalgia. :Bravo:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic