Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by General Mackevili »

Some dude contacted CEO to tell us that he went to, Candy Bar, drank with the female owner and some skanky bar girls, when some girl he knew came over and told him it's her birthday.

She then put a shit of drinks on his bill, totaling $445. Ouch.

I think he was pissed off then, but lost it when he saw one of the bar girls posting a video of the "birthday party" he sponsored and laughing about the $445 bill they stuck him with.

I'll post the video below, along with a few funny screenshots/pictures, but first, the story in his own words:

"Re: Candy Bar @ St.136, Phnom Penh. Warning of ripoff
I like to highlight to members over here about how I got ripoffoff at Candy Bar.
I hope you can help me highlight my experience.

I was at candy Bar on the 6th May morning and met the lady boss Chea. Had a couple of drinks with her and her few girls. Later 1 of her staff whom I know came and told her that it's her birthday. She threw her an impromptu bday party but she should not have put everyone's drinks into my tab.

My bill came up to $450.

It's ridiculous. Taking advantage of my presence and knowing I had a lot of drinks already she thinks I'm a sucker. I could do much as I was flying off in the afternoon. I had wanted to lodge a police report but time did not permit me to do so.
"

Some other posts about his ordeal:
Spoiler:
Someone forwarded me this video. The person who posted this may think it's funny. When you rip off your customers it's really bad business ethics.

I went to Candy Bar at Street 136 to say hello to Noi Sovichea out of courtesy as always whenever I'm in Phnom Penh. I consider her as a good friend. I always patronised all her bars.
I didn't know this time I'll be rip off of for a bill of almost $450. As on the video, she threw an impromptu birthday party for her staff and she thinks it's ok to put the whole group drinks into my bill thinking I'm drunk enough not to be aware. That's not a very smart thing to do. There's already a lot of bad reviews online and many foreigners who had patronised her bars. Further this bar do not accept credit cards. Be careful of this unethical practise.
#cambodia
#phnompenh

Niklas. For the amount, I can easily bar fine 5 girls and go party at IPIC club with 2 bottles of whisky for the whole nite and still have change

i was offered . candy bar .. and the butterfly bar ... for 50 k ..... 3 years ago .......... it was extremely quiet . when i was there 3 years ago .....the worst thing . about . the low season .....theres no one there ... obviously ... ive learned . that lesson . and they wonder . why no one returns ..

You think this is funny? You rip off your customers and you and your staff think is a joke. Just wait and see. Your bars already have enough bad reviews on the internet. See who be having the last laugh.

By the look of the video, he bought every bar girl and ladyboy in the whole joint a lady drink or 2, LoL.

Here's the video of the impromptu birthday party he paid $445 for:

[YouTube]8Or6-eY-R0o[/YouTube]

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by SinnSisamouth »

mike fonzie loves his mum...and bar girls just as much.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by StroppyChops »

Personally I think there's been a great misunderstanding - here's the birthday girl giving the traditional thumbs-up to thank her generous host for the party:

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Doesn't even sound like a free bar fine out of the deal. Sad.

To be fair, it sounds like he was drunk as shit, and maybe he said "sure" when she asked him "wanna buy a round for me and my friends?"

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Did they ask him? Did he pay? I would have paid what I thought was right and walked out.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

I can not for the life of me understand why men keep going to bars like this.
-insert signature here
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 pm Doesn't even sound like a free bar fine out of the deal. Sad.

To be fair, it sounds like he was drunk as shit, and maybe he said "sure" when she asked him "wanna buy a round for me and my friends?"
I agree w/ Mackevili.

Unsure if this dude is new to the scene or not but if a girl asks bout buying drinks for friends you NEED to be specific .. specific to the point of coming off rude. The way i try to flip it.. ask the girl, do you want me to spend money on you or your friends? or something along those lines

fuck that..it would still piss me off..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Am wondering what type of idiot goes out for drinks in Phnom Penh girly bars with $500 in their wallet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

In addition, the first two times I went to candy bar my bills were padded with drinks I most certainly didn't order. First time i put it down to a mistake. Second time it was obviously what they did. Unfortunately I had friends who liked the place so I would find myself going back. I paid per drink from then on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

noobs, hahahahahahahahahaha
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic