Why move to Cambodia? Because you can ...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Why move to Cambodia? Because you can ...

Post by rozzieoz »

Luigi wrote:
iluvu wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm I guess I haven't been normal since college hehe.
Not a case of one-upmanship. I recall my dear departed mother consistently asking me at the tender age of 6 yrs. old why can't I be normal, like all the other kids. It all started in 1st. grade when they had changed the Pledge of Alligiance to include God. I refused & was sent home with a note.
Then later in FORCED Sunday school when repeatedly kept confronting the teach about this guy walking on water. I was a skeptic. Soon after I was exempted from Sunday school. It just deteriorated from there.
Later in the begining of my teen years I was secluded in a gated community to keep the general public safe from my anarchic thoughts & deeds. There I met many other ''incorrigibles'' & therefore shaped my world view today.
I would encourage all to never be normal. Whatever the fuk that is.
I really want to give you a hug - you're awesome :). <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

:beer2:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:03 pm Looks like we are all living the dream...

Rent from $350 in Cambodia Leaves Plenty of Money for Expat Activities
By Steven King
25 June 2017
Wherever you are in the world, rent tends to fall into two categories; either an outrageous burden or a relative joy.
In Cambodia paying rent is definitely not a burden thanks in no small part to the reasonably priced properties that are available for expats in places like Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville.

A retiree friend of mine pays just $350 a month for an apartment which comes with its own balcony. It is fully furnished and air-conditioned with one bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen, and living room. It’s the perfect size for a retired person and he spends half his time happily sitting out on the balcony watching the world go by.

In Phnom Penh, the rent on a decent apartment will cost between $350 to $600 a month, plus an additional $75 to $125 for utilities including electricity, water, private garbage disposal, and cable television.

However, if you head down to the coastal resort of Sihanoukville you will spend even less. Western-style apartments range from $200 upwards while two-bedroom houses with gardens can cost about $100 or so more. This means the monthly average cost for all your property expenses can be as low as $300.

With rent as affordable, there’s money left over to do the things you enjoy. That means leading a good, yet affordable, life...
https://internationalliving.com/rent-fr ... ctivities/
This is just music to my ears, so cheap and so much sunshine.

Any thunderstorms? I love a good mental thunderstorm
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I would encourage all to never be normal. Whatever the fuk that is. Luigi

Words to live by, but no hugs from me.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

seems accurate as to pricing.
you can get a great place overlooking the bassac river 20 kms downstream from PP for $150.
2 br
i bet kampong cham would have some bargain rentals and steung treng too
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm seems accurate as to pricing.
you can get a great place overlooking the bassac river 20 kms downstream from PP for $150.
2 br
i bet kampong cham would have some bargain rentals and steung treng too
My place in BKK1 was $260 (one br, large balcony) but the uncomfortable rattan furniture and foam mattress reflect that price point. Since I moved out seven months ago it's been vacant and so has the one above it where my neighbour left a month or so after me. Mine had a calendar in it indicating it had been vacant for nine months before me, so you would think they might consider reducing their rents (or improving the furniture) if they want tenants.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Luigi- i refused the Pledge from age 13 and ws beaten by students for it several times each week until i took a little 6" ruger nine shot .22 to school one day and showed the fuckers the business end.
that little round black hole can settle some shit. age 14.
age 15 i had hitchhiked to californee for peace and love, and never looked back
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I'm like Jamie- I feel more "normal" in Cambodia than anywhere else in the world.
I can't imagine ever wanting to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:45 pm I'm like Jamie- I feel more "normal" in Cambodia than anywhere else in the world.
Can you define "normal' as you see it?
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

When it's the full on rainy season does one " Move away from Cambodia" ?? ......

:stir: ..... :beer3:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:19 pm When it's the full on rainy season does one " Move away from Cambodia" ?? ......

:stir: ..... :beer3:
i dont leave because its rainy season, i leave because its summer season in the UK and a good time to visit family and pick up a bit of work while doing so
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic