how would Cambodia be affected by another North Korean war?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: how would Cambodia be affected by another North Korean war?

Post by obelisks »

WildA wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 am
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm Nobody is going to nuke a load of starving peasants. Here, look we've made your lives better. There's obviously a new internal power struggle in NK. Their equipment is shit, it can't survive a war.
I won't get into the politics of it all, since my views as an American are irrelevant, although I would classify myself as more of a US basher than a US lover. I protested in 1968, and cheered at the First Gulf War. the dichotomy of life. And I am not privy to the intelligence that folks above my pay grade have.

Nevertheless, using the knowledge of have of the strategic and tactical capabilities of the US military, here is the scenario I postulate. It's all about the skies...

1. The US will quietly put its forces around the DMZ on alert. So will SK. additonal boots on the ground will begin to stage.
2. The stealth bomber fleet armed with MOPS will take off from Whitefish.
3. The B-52s will take off.
4. The Tomahawks will launch targeting missle launchers, airfields, C&C centers, power plants and the NK goverment.
4. About half an before drop time the SK govertment will sound the alert and the Seoulites will head to the shelter. So will the Japanese.
5. The stealth bombers will target the NK nuclear facilities. The B-52s will carpet the NK artillery.
6. NK will start shooting back. They got lots of guns but they are primitive. Any gun that goes off will be targeted by a wave of carrier based aircraft.
7. As soon as the first bomb drops, Badger Don will call the Chinese and invite them to invade. US forces in bulk will not enter NK more than a few miles from the DMZ.

24 hours later it will be over. Any attempt by NK troops to enter SK will be stopped by the combined air and land firepower of the US and SK. Plus they are starving, any NK that enters SK will probably be too busy looting7-11s for food, viz the German army offensive of 1918 where starving soldiers spent as much time looting food vis a vis fighting.

China will reach Pyongang swiftly and take control. Then its just mopping up and time to talk.

Thats my view, worthless as it is. It will be short, swift and brutal...for the NKs...
except anywhere between 4 and 5 North Korea will probably be aware of what's happening and will have already launched their retaliation from two satellites that have been orbiting above USA for years. America wasn't even able to defeat that small (and relatively unsophisticated at that time) nation just to the East of Cambodia whereas North Korea has had 50 years to prepare their retaliation because I'm sure they knew the day would come just by looking at what happened in Iraq and Libya and looking at what is happening in Syria.I hope America doesn't underestimate its enemy yet again :facepalm:

Could North Korea Destroy the US?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... he_us.html
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Kuroneko wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:12 pm Image

ha ha thank you for making me laugh particularly the first picture :D
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

wow satellites that carry missiles from a country that cannot launch a normal missile 100 feet!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

obelisks wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:05 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm Nobody is going to nuke a load of starving peasants. Here, look we've made your lives better. There's obviously a new internal power struggle in NK. Their equipment is shit, it can't survive a war.
I won't get into the politics of it all, since my views as an American are irrelevant, although I would classify myself as more of a US basher than a US lover. I protested in 1968, and cheered at the First Gulf War. the dichotomy of life. And I am not privy to the intelligence that folks above my pay grade have.

Nevertheless, using the knowledge of have of the strategic and tactical capabilities of the US military, here is the scenario I postulate. It's all about the skies...

1. The US will quietly put its forces around the DMZ on alert. So will SK. additonal boots on the ground will begin to stage.
4. The Tomahawks will launch targeting missle launchers, airfields, C&C centers, power plants and the NK goverment.
4. About half an before drop time the SK govertment will sound the alert and the Seoulites will head to the shelter. So will the Japanese.
5. The stealth bombers will target the NK nuclear facilities. The B-52s will carpet the NK artillery.
6. NK will start shooting back. They got lots of guns but they are primitive. Any gun that goes off will be targeted by a wave of carrier based aircraft.
7. As soon as the first bomb drops, Badger Don will call the Chinese and invite them to invade. US forces in bulk will not enter NK more than a few miles from the DMZ.

24 hours later it will be over. Any attempt by NK troops to enter SK will be stopped by the combined air and land firepower of the US and SK. Plus they are starving, any NK that enters SK will probably be too busy looting7-11s for food, viz the German army offensive of 1918 where starving soldiers spent as much time looting food vis a vis fighting.

China will reach Pyongang swiftly and take control. Then its just mopping up and time to talk.

Thats my view, worthless as it is. It will be short, swift and brutal...for the NKs...
except anywhere between 4 and 5 North Korea will probably be aware of what's happening and will have already launched their retaliation from two satellites that have been orbiting above USA for years. America wasn't even able to defeat that small (and relatively unsophisticated at that time) nation just to the East of Cambodia whereas North Korea has had 50 years to prepare their retaliation because I'm sure they knew the day would come just by looking at what happened in Iraq and Libya and looking at what is happening in Syria.I hope America doesn't underestimate its enemy yet again :facepalm:

If the NKS coulda, they woulda already.

No comparison between the two scenarios u illustrate. If we woulda, we coulda done the NVs
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

SinnSisamouth wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:36 pm wow satellites that carry missiles from a country that cannot launch a normal missile 100 feet!
ha ha clearly you do not understand how they work
so it looks like America is gonna get its butt kicked again
no sympathy from me for being such an aggressor

One simple design for a super-EMP warhead would resemble an Enhanced Radiation Weapon (ERW), or neutron weapon, which produces a lot of gamma rays in addition to neutrons, like the ERW artillery shell for the 155 mm howitzer, designed during the 1950s and deployed by the U.S. during the 1980s. Such a weapon would have very low-yield, one to five kilotons, and weigh less than 100 pounds — small enough to fit on North Korea’s KMS-3 satellite.

North Korea launched another suspicious satellite, the KMS-4, on the same south polar trajectory as the KMS-3, on Feb. 7, 2016. So now there are two North Korean satellites orbiting over the United States on trajectories consistent with a surprise EMP attack — perhaps another idea borrowed from the Russians. Moscow during the Cold War had a secret weapon, the Fractional Orbital Bombardment System, to deliver a surprise EMP attack by satellite
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... al-threat/
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

WildA wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 9:53 pm
obelisks wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:05 pm

If the NKS coulda, they woulda already.

No comparison between the two scenarios u illustrate. If we woulda, we coulda done the NVs
Israel with its secret stash of nukes could have wiped Iran off the map but it hasn't because it knows whichever country starts this thing off will start the beginning of the end
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic