ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: ATTENTION: FACEBOOK WILL BE CLOSING DOWN INACTIVE ACCOUNTS SOON!

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm
Digg3r wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
Mate this has not even been funny today, its gone viral through my facebook, including a voice message usually attached to it as well!
How do you feel knowing so many of your friends are intellectually stunted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
because the 7 people you can see in the picture make up the vast majority of my friends :roll: right-o :facepalm:
There doesn't even seem to be a Square bargirl in those, so I'd agree!
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

beyond stupid. Only friends from Cambo have emailed me this nonsense. Maybe they can buy a bridge i am selling
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

I have received it and the voice messages, but luckily only from a couple Khmer. And 1 of the people that forwarded it was a school teacher, but I guess that doesn't mean you won't fall for stuff like this.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

NEWSFLASH: My wife was just on facebook and learned that the Phnom Penh police have just arrested a lady, perhaps Cambodian, who was source of the scam. Sorry no concrete or salacious details.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Cambodians look puzzled when you mention the internet. Instead just say Facebook or youtube if referring to things on WWW and "wifi" if talking about the actual connection.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 pm Cambodians look puzzled when you mention the internet. Instead just say Facebook or youtube if referring to things on WWW and "wifi" if talking about the actual connection.
thats all their is to do on the internet isnt it?!

wait...wait... i forgot xHamster
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 pm
Digg3r wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm Everyone who wants to keep their Facebook accounts better drop what they're doing and send this message to 25 people ASAP!

I have sent it to 100 people just to be on the safe side.

I think most Cambodians are going to be fine, considering how wide spread this important warning has been circulated today.

Dear facebook members, facebook is suppose to be closing down. Recently, it is becoming very overpopulated. There have been many members who are complaining that facebook is becoming very slow. Records show that there are many active facebook members and on the other side, many new members. We will be sending this message around to see if members are active or not. If you are active, please send to 25 other users using copy paste to show that you are still active. *those who will not send this message within 2 weeks will be deleted without hesitation to make more space. This is according from the creator of facebook. To save your'e facebook accounts. Please forward this message to 25 FB users for us to make sure that you are an active user of FB. If you can't pass this to 25 users, your'e account will be cut without hesitancy, sunday at 8:12pm. Chat Conversation End from messenger from: mark zuckerberg, the founder of facebook.
Mate this has not even been funny today, its gone viral through my facebook, including a voice message usually attached to it as well!
How do you feel knowing so many of your friends are intellectually stunted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
because the 7 people you can see in the picture make up the vast majority of my friends :roll: right-o :facepalm:
There doesn't even seem to be a Square bargirl in those, so I'd agree!
actually i think the very top chin is of one of the Shanghi KTV girls when we was last there,
the rest though are actually decent ladies (surprisingly) lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"

frank lee bent wrote: ↑

Cambodians look puzzled when you mention the internet. Instead just say Facebook or youtube if referring to things on WWW and "wifi" if talking about the actual connection. thats all their is to do on the internet isnt it?!

wait...wait... i forgot xHamster."

None of the above descriptions apply to my wife I am proud to say.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pmHow do you feel knowing so many of your friends are intellectually stunted?
Like a genius, clearly.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic