Siem Reap - Girls, Nightlife, Etc

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
digital-nomad
Tourist

Siem Reap - Girls, Nightlife, Etc

Post by digital-nomad »

I am coming to cambodia solo for the first time, I will be there for 2 weeks. Am I better off trying to pick up girls at pub street *(tourist) or can I connect with Khmer Girls? I've read that there are KTVs but not like it (used to be) and they ask for $100. Which outdated info I've read can be bargined down to $30. Not the type to spend that- but I would for the experience.

Since I've never been, I dont know what to expect. I am a good looking guy with good personality. I just have read mixed reviews- it's a ghost town or not? Thanks for your help~

:please:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Siem Reap - Girls, Nightlife, Etc

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

digital-nomad wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm I am coming to cambodia solo for the first time, I will be there for 2 weeks. Am I better off trying to pick up girls at pub street *(tourist) or can I connect with Khmer Girls? I've read that there are KTVs but not like it (used to be) and they ask for $100. Which outdated info I've read can be bargined down to $30. Not the type to spend that- but I would for the experience.

Since I've never been, I dont know what to expect. I am a good looking guy with good personality. I just have read mixed reviews- it's a ghost town or not? Thanks for your help~

:please:
Yes lol
Siem Reap is awful for picking up women,
theres Mickys that has a few freelancing skanks
Hip Hop the khmer nightclub used to be reasonable to pick up local girls but not been since it burnt down and been reopened as the new Temple bar/club?
you might get lucky down pubstreet if you can stomach the sweaty backpackers and can fish out a Khmer tourist
the big KTV girls you would probably be looking at $50, on top of paying $50-60 for the Karaoke room for an hour or 2
not sure about the girls down Khmer Pub Street, which is on the other side of town, lots of Beer Gardens with lots of girls but not been in to drink there yet,
seeing as you have no experience in speaking Khmer theres no point in going there as no one down there will likely speak any English, and the girls will likely be awkward and not keen

Seriously If thats a main thing you are after spend a night or 2 in SR then get a bus/taxi down to Phnom Penh!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I'm pretty sure we had a thread about meeting chicks on dating apps, why not book ahead with someone computer literate and speaks English. It's the 21st Century, grandad
digital-nomad
Tourist

Post by digital-nomad »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for the reply @Jamie_Lambo - it isn't the ONLY reason I am going to siem reap. However I heard that Phnom Penh is pretty sketchy. A friend I know was staying in a hotel and someone broke into his room (while he was in there sleeping and stole money) Or so the story goes....
digital-nomad
Tourist

Post by digital-nomad »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 pm I'm pretty sure we had a thread about meeting chicks on dating apps, why not book ahead with someone computer literate and speaks English. It's the 21st Century, grandad

Love your profile picture @cptrelentless - however Im in my 30's - far from a grandad- I did peak at some asian dating site and wasn't feeling it. seemed like a dead end. Its the 21st Century which is why I am on here trying to get a feel for what its like before going

:hattip:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

digital-nomad wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 am

Thanks for the reply @Jamie_Lambo - it isn't the ONLY reason I am going to siem reap. However I heard that Phnom Penh is pretty sketchy. A friend I know was staying in a hotel and someone broke into his room (while he was in there sleeping and stole money) Or so the story goes....
what else you plan on doing there? going around Angkor Wat for 2 weeks? SR is good for a few days, but after that theres not much new to see and do, also motobikes are expensive at $10-15 per day!
digital-nomad
Tourist

Post by digital-nomad »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

what else you plan on doing there? going around Angkor Wat for 2 weeks? SR is good for a few days, but after that theres not much new to see and do, also motobikes are expensive at $10-15 per day!
Well with a name like digital nomad I plan on.. working... I am open to suggestions though. I thought about busing to PP, then was reading about the train to sihanoukville. Any advice would be super helpful. Like I said, Ive never been there before.

Speaking of Motorbikes, I heard cops are ruthless there. And its illegal to have your light on during the day.. ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

digital-nomad wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:06 am

Well with a name like digital nomad I plan on.. working... I am open to suggestions though. I thought about busing to PP, then was reading about the train to sihanoukville. Any advice would be super helpful. Like I said, Ive never been there before.

Speaking of Motorbikes, I heard cops are ruthless there. And its illegal to have your light on during the day.. ?
yeah i understand that, but whats the point in coming to a country for 2 weeks if youre going to spend most/half the time working? maybe im just not programmed in to the whole digital nomad/hipster thing lol where are you planning on going after? why not stay longer than 2 weeks?
i dont see the point in coming to a country for a 2 week holiday when youre going to spend half the time working, why not stay for a month and enjoy the place more...

the coppers are cunts if youre an idiot and clueless, go out driving a rent-a-scooter in shorts, vest top and flip flops, and youre a sitting target
digital-nomad
Tourist

Post by digital-nomad »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 am

yeah i understand that, but whats the point in coming to a country for 2 weeks if youre going to spend most/half the time working? maybe im just not programmed in to the whole digital nomad/hipster thing lol where are you planning on going after? why not stay longer than 2 weeks?
i dont see the point in coming to a country for a 2 week holiday when youre going to spend half the time working, why not stay for a month and enjoy the place more...

the coppers are cunts if youre an idiot and clueless, go out driving a rent-a-scooter in shorts, vest top and flip flops, and youre a sitting target

I'm not on "holiday" Ive been traveling for 4 months. basically have 2 weeks to kill before a long flight and want to 'bucket list' angkor watt. figured I would hang out. I may take the option to leave early and head back to bangkok, but Ive heard (some) good things about cambodia. especially how cheap things are. So your profile says sihanoukville - would you recommend that? A friend of mine told me about the chicken farm for $5 a pop. But said they were all nasty. how much should i expect to pay for a motorbike rental - you said siem reap was jacked up rates?

The digital nomad thing is simple- i work a bit on the computer and get to be in any place in the world I want. the next year I will be in different places months at a time. This is some what of an exception.... and Im not a hipster.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

digital-nomad wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:09 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 am

I'm not on "holiday" Ive been traveling for 4 months. basically have 2 weeks to kill before a long flight and want to 'bucket list' angkor watt. figured I would hang out. I may take the option to leave early and head back to bangkok, but Ive heard (some) good things about cambodia. especially how cheap things are. So your profile says sihanoukville - would you recommend that? A friend of mine told me about the chicken farm for $5 a pop. But said they were all nasty. how much should i expect to pay for a motorbike rental - you said siem reap was jacked up rates?

The digital nomad thing is simple- i work a bit on the computer and get to be in any place in the world I want. the next year I will be in different places months at a time. This is some what of an exception.... and Im not a hipster.
out here 4 months is classed as a holiday haha :lol:
regardless, youre visiting cambodia for 2 weeks, is that not classed as a holiday?
would i recommend SHV? if your main intentions are to find a cheap fuck down the chicken farm, then no,
not because theyre all nasty, but just because you sound like a sex tourist looking for a cheap fuck, its not a tourist attraction, no offence,
as i said, it all depends on what you want, all youve really talked about is girls and prices

i know what a digital nomad is :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic