Privileged snowflakes begging for travel funds in SEA

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Re: Privileged snowflakes begging for travel funds in SEA

Post by Captain »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 am They could always sell their ipod, ipad, iphone etc etc. One day I hope to be poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name i cannot pronounce
One day you hope to be poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name you cannot pronounce? Well today is your lucky day, you are poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name you cannot pronounce!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Captain wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 am
pczz wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 am They could always sell their ipod, ipad, iphone etc etc. One day I hope to be poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name i cannot pronounce
One day you hope to be poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name you cannot pronounce? Well today is your lucky day, you are poor enough to afford an I something insread of a chinese thing whose name you cannot pronounce!
Google translate capitulated on this one......
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

In Malaysia: let's toss a baby around to raise funds for our cockroach lifestyle:

Full movie here:
Disgusting ‘Begpackers’ Seen Doing Stunts with Baby for Money in Bukit Bintang

Read more at WOB: https://www.worldofbuzz.com/disgusting- ... qHA4CTyoSY
https://www.worldofbuzz.com/disgusting- ... qHA4CTyoSY

Credit: World of Buzz
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Begpacker special. This was posted on fbook on Saturday. It's so extreme I can't believe it's real. Some westerners throwing a baby around. It's like a dancing baby routine.
19K views · on Saturday ·
I happen to pass by this area in Bukit Bintang and I saw this irresponsible act that can literally cause injury to that poor baby. Why is the authority allowing such act to be showcase to public. These street performer needs to be arrested! Please do something. #pdrm #cityofnorules #immigration #UNICEF #INHOPE #ECPAT #mixfm #rela #expatkl
[Not sure if the video is working here. ]
Description - There's music, the guy is throwing the baby in the air and catching it, then swinging it up and down. The woman sits there with a spaced-out smile, waving her arms about to the music. The baby doesn't seem disturbed. Meanwhile the crowd have their phones out, taking photos and video. The whole thing is surreal.
This woman gives them some money.
You can see the video here - until they take it down. https://www.worldofbuzz.com/disgusting- ... mWn2z5LITE

Edit - Posted at the same time as Hanno.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

People are so easily entertained. I don’t get how one could find that fuckin freakin show amusing and even reward them.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The soap-dodging baby-tossers have been arrested:

"Russian ‘begpacker’ couple arrested in Malaysia after outrage over baby-swinging video
The man was filmed tossing and waving his baby around by the legs while his companions busk and beg for money from onlookers".

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeas ... =Facebook#
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Now that is definatly child abuse
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Wow. This is mental. I'd never heard of baby-swinging yoga, and it's not even a new thing. It was dreamed up by a Russian guru. You learn something every day.
Explained in a blog post here.
This Is Russian Swinging Baby Yoga. You Need Answers
Katy Mantyk
March 27, 2015

What am I seeing? What is the purpose of the Russian baby throwing? I had so many questions after seeing this. It’s so hard to fathom why this might be a good idea, but I am open to finding out if it has a good reason.

After investigating, this is what I found.

It is called Russian baby-swinging yoga, or dynamic baby gymnastics. They start them as new born infants, some only two weeks old.
It’s popular with Russian and Eastern European hippies.
The older babies seem to be fine with it, as they are probably used to it. But the newborn babies are often heard crying.
It’s not an ancient tradition, it only started 30 years ago.
The man who dreamed this up is Russian yoga teacher Igor Borisovich Charkovsky. There is a specific method to this, to make it safe. Parents are taught how to do it themselves.
It is not safe, it is considered child abuse.
They say it’s good for their babies’ health.
They don’t always do it in the snow naked. They like to do it at beaches, standing over gravel roads, and in living rooms surrounded by TVs and other sharped-edged furniture.
http://www.visiontimes.com/2015/03/27/t ... swers.html
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

hanno wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:35 am
the irony of peope who do not undertsnad irony. And no, I cannot afford an iphone. i am a begpensioner, not a begpacker who has not quite managed to sit on a sreet corner and beg yet..... I do have enough money to go out for a beer once a month though , whcih is more than i would have if i tried surviving on a pensio at home
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:35 am
the irony of peope who do not undertsnad irony. And no, I cannot afford an iphone. i am a begpensioner, not a begpacker who has not quite managed to sit on a sreet corner and beg yet..... I do have enough money to go out for a beer once a month though , whcih is more than i would have if i tried surviving on a pensio at home
I do understand irony but I do not understand the English as it is my second language; the fault is all mine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic