Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Just out - blog guide to Koh Rong. Mainly targeted at the backpacker crowd, but seems to be informative and up-to-date. However, it is pretty much concentrated on Koh Touch, main tourist centre on the island, and nearby beaches.
I’ve aimed to make this guide as packed full of information as possible, with info on everything from where to eat on the island, to how to get there, and what jungle critters to watch out for. All of the information that I’ve posted is up-to-date and correct as of April 2017, and I will be doing my best to keep it as up-to-date and accurate if possible.
http://travellingjezebel.com/ultimate-g ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fuck Koh Wrong
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

5 years and still never been, came close last week, actually paid to go on the 30minute speed ferry, got to the pier, but decided to stay on and came back without even stepping foot on the island lol
got a bus to PP instead for a night out
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Ive never been in 9 years. Keep meaning to do the 1 day return same day, as I have no intention of sharing the beach bars at night with tranced out sweaty soap dodgers.
Went to KR Salom when a western lady friend came over to see me in SHV. All I can say was nice beach, very quiet, some nice resto-bars, but glad we didn't stay more than 7 hrs and pay the $40 or so for a bungalow with no electric .
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fourkinnel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm Ive never been in 9 years. Keep meaning to do the 1 day return same day, as I have no intention of sharing the beach bars at night with tranced out sweaty soap dodgers.
Went to KR Salom when a western lady friend came over to see me in SHV. All I can say was nice beach, very quiet, some nice resto-bars, but glad we didn't stay more than 7 hrs and pay the $40 or so for a bungalow with no electric .
yeah i went to that island 5 years ago, there were about 4 resorts on that beach, was great and stayed the night (was with my khmer ex) but one night was enough really
apparently its changed a lot now mate who owns dolphin told me last year there was something like 25 resorts on there now as he had just built one too
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I went to both in 2008 ( and looked into investing in land- but didn't ) and it was lovely back than, but than we were also sleeping on Ronys sailboat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

A good & fairly accurate introductory guide to people who are thinking of visiting the island.

Despite the huge rise in visitor numbers in the last few years, there is still little information on the internet about the island to be fair
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

You didn't miss much Jamie, it's all pretty shit. Khmer islands are nothing like Thai islands.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Hello, any idea where on Koh rong it is possible to stay long term with internet and aircon, and for how much per month ? Thank you.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

would you like to post the exact same question in a dozen more threads?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic