USA fires 50 Tomahawk missiles into Syria

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: USA fires 50 Tomahawk missiles into Syria

Post by peppermintpaddy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 am
peppermintpaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:24 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 pm
peppermintpaddy wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:21 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:57 pm

i love Reza Aslan and how he always schools the reporters lol
That surprises me Jamie,i find him nothing but an apologist for those muslim murdereres
no he just speaks the truth, the fact that not all "muslim countries" have problems and that the problems are usually to do with the country not the religion, and he condoms the acts of the ideologists
his wife and mother are both christian if i remember rightly
he's very selective with the truth,he never links any terrorist attack with Islam,even when the attackers are shouting "allahu Akbar".......I find him the worst kind of apologist,ie a professional one,making a living by spinning the truth.Interesting that he first converted to christianity and then back to islam....shows he has no conviction about anything....Sam Harris makes shite out of him every debate they have...
tbh i dont see it, maybe ive not seen those interviews/speeches... maybe you can link them?

i know what you mean when you say he doesnt link terrorist attacks with Islam, but where are the main attacks happening? if you think in Europe and America then you are very miss informed, terrorist attacks happen every day in the middle east, muslims blowing up, beheading, executing other muslims, the rebel soldiers fighting ISIS are muslims etc.
the problem is not Islam, its the repressive countries that have created ideologies, Islam has been a religion for 1500 years, yet terrorism has only been around for 40 years...
i guess the fact that the American government helped/had involvement in the formation of groups like the Taliban and ISIS, connections with Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda has nothing to do with it

Terrorism isnt Religious its Political, you should do some research on Terrorism
wow Jamie,I see from your last sentence you've bought the whole reza aslan schtick lock stock and barrel......Islam is both religious AND political....The problem is indeed Islam ,IMO,it was founded on terrorism,Mohammed was a murdering raping warlord....Its all there in the koran and the Hadiths....read it yourself.
Hers a link for reza aslan apologosing for the charlie hebdo murderers....
and a wikipedia link for the First Barbary War,to show terrorism didnt start 40 years ago....
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

@jamie......I forgot to include a link from the First Barbary War.....on wikipedia
here;s a paragraph

In March 1786, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied:

It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[25]

here's the link...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

Islamic terrorism is a lot older than 40 years
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Didn't uncle Mo also say you should respect people of the book, as they worship the same god? The Sephardic juice managed to hang around in Muslim countries for centuries. Up until modern French philosophy fucked everyone over. I'm looking at you, Sartre. Most of this new terrorist bullshit is down to crackpot lefties at university, not religion. In the rubaiyat of omar khayyam they bang on the pub doors cos it's sunrise and they want wine.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:22 pm Didn't uncle Mo also say you should respect people of the book, as they worship the same god? The Sephardic juice managed to hang around in Muslim countries for centuries. Up until modern French philosophy fucked everyone over. I'm looking at you, Sartre. Most of this new terrorist bullshit is down to crackpot lefties at university, not religion. In the rubaiyat of omar khayyam they bang on the pub doors cos it's sunrise and they want wine.
yes he did...but that statement is abrogated by a later statement saying "kill the unbeliever wherever you shall find them"...the later statements in the Hadiths overrule the earlier statements/sayings....Nearly all the "peaceful" sayings are in the early parts of the Koran and the Hadiths......The only Jews left in muslim countries are in the Shia muslim countries..ie Iran.....
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm @jamie......I forgot to include a link from the First Barbary War.....on wikipedia
here;s a paragraph

In March 1786, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied:

It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[25]

''every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[25]

I call bullshit!
That's highly unlikely. As ridiculous as any religious bullshit of any faith or culture.
Where did each slave conceal three dagger? Up is/her ass?
In their three piece double breated suit with special dagger pokets sewn in?

:ROFL:

Oh, are we to take it figurativley or literally?
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Luigi wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:59 pm
peppermintpaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm @jamie......I forgot to include a link from the First Barbary War.....on wikipedia
here;s a paragraph

''every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[25]

I call bullshit!
That's highly unlikely. As ridiculous as any religious bullshit of any faith or culture.
Where did each slave conceal three dagger? Up is/her ass?
In their three piece double breated suit with special dagger pokets sewn in?

:ROFL:

Oh, are we to take it figurativley or literally?
well,its from wikipedia,so take it any way you want,I didn't write it,read the full wikipedia link if you like,but i think you're confused...the pirates had the daggers,not the slaves...........I linked it to prove Islamic terror wasnt only 40 years old...
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Having read history, I agree with your statement that Islamic terror isn't only 40 years old but...

...Wikipedia is a horrendous source for accuracy.
-insert signature here
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

peppermintpaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm

At least we cant say the same about Christian terrorism :lol:

AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

While we're on that subject...

-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:17 pm
peppermintpaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm

At least we cant say the same about Christian terrorism :lol:

yup, shits been going on in europe and the middle east for thousands and thousands of years, there have been bigger threats to the world than ISIS
i guess its hard for people growing up in a country with only 238 years worth of history to understand, even if theyve been at war for most of those 238 years, fuck thats not even as long as the vikings were invading and taking over England (273 years), and the Romans were here for 400

tbh America claim to be a super power but all they do is fuck shit up, made a mess in Laos n Cambodia during the Viet War, made a mess in Iraq looking for weapons that wasnt there, made a mess in Afganistan looking for Osama who was just chilling out in his house in Pakistan, funding and supplying weapons to rebel groups who then turn into terrorists :shock:

cant they just leave shit alone :stir:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic