Best Automatic Moto

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Best Automatic Moto

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:52 pm
Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm Ok last question. Best moto shop in Sihanoukville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda dealership :unknown:
Yup, aware of that option. Didn't know if someone knew of a 3rd party that has good inventory.

take a look down the road to the CT clinic, there is a few 3rd party bike shops down there, and there is also a load on the road from psar leu to don bosco school
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Raybull wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 pm
Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:59 pm
Raybull wrote:
Jacobincambodia wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Appreciate the info!

Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.
Why is having one shock vs two a good thing?

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
When you hang solid wood doors, you need three.

If we work on that theory , then if you have two or more people on your moto ,, you need two shock absorbers on your bike.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm I think I've decided on the Click. Ha! Next question, what is the going rate? I'm getting around $1500 for 2016 with no tags. Can I do the tags on my own later?

Make sure it has the import tax paid. If not, you’ll be stuck with a several hundred $ bill and a month waiting time with no plate and not being allowed to ride it without risking being hit by the coppers.

If the import tax is paid, then registration can be done at the transportation...something department office of royal cambodia, whatever it's called.
-insert signature here
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Oh god this is a whole can of worms :D

Really depends on what you wnt from your bike!

What is the difference in performance between dual suspension and mono suspension motor bikes?

Mono-Shock motorcycle rear suspensions was created in the late 80′s and in many applications has more advanced performance than that of the twin-shocks. It utilizes a linkage to connect to the swingarm which, by and large, gets rid of the torque and will supply better handling and breaking. Single shock rear suspension requires less maintenance and adjustments. Some say that mono-shocks were created because the Long Rear Travel measurement of Twin-Shocks, were making the bikes too tall to sit on. Maybe.

Dual shock suspension isn't always antiquated technology compared to single shock suspension. When it comes to scooters, dual suspension will provide much better feedback and a smoother ride versus the puny single shock found on even the “luxury”, retro-styled brands of fine scooters.

There are two premises behind mono shocks :

Two shocks can never be perfectly matched, which causes a twisting moment on the swing arm - hence one shock is better
A spring works best when the amount of travel is minimized, so its better to squeeze a big spring by a small amount than a small spring by a larger amount - A monoshock geometry with the spring very close to the swingarm achieves this.

While these premises are quite logical, they are not exactly gospel truth.

For one, good quality shocks can be perfectly matched - A lot of racing shock manufacturers can achieve this. Moreover swing arms of mono shock bikes tend to be extremely stiff and wide cross-sectioned. Such swing arms would never twist even if you had twin shocks.

Also springs can be made to behave nicely if they are manufactured right.

Ultimately it boils down to the fact that mono shocks appear in premium quality and modern bikes, so they almost always outperform dual shock motorbikes which are cheaply made ones, usually mounted in bikes of a lower price/quality range.

Dollar for dollar you could build equally well performing suspensions of either kind. [url]https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diffe ... -bikes[url]
etc etc There is a heap of stuff on this on the net :D
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Oh god this is a whole can of worms :D

Really depends on what you wnt from your bike!

What is the difference in performance between dual suspension and mono suspension motor bikes?

Mono-Shock motorcycle rear suspensions was created in the late 80′s and in many applications has more advanced performance than that of the twin-shocks. It utilizes a linkage to connect to the swingarm which, by and large, gets rid of the torque and will supply better handling and breaking. Single shock rear suspension requires less maintenance and adjustments. Some say that mono-shocks were created because the Long Rear Travel measurement of Twin-Shocks, were making the bikes too tall to sit on. Maybe.

Dual shock suspension isn't always antiquated technology compared to single shock suspension. When it comes to scooters, dual suspension will provide much better feedback and a smoother ride versus the puny single shock found on even the “luxury”, retro-styled brands of fine scooters.

There are two premises behind mono shocks :

Two shocks can never be perfectly matched, which causes a twisting moment on the swing arm - hence one shock is better
A spring works best when the amount of travel is minimized, so its better to squeeze a big spring by a small amount than a small spring by a larger amount - A monoshock geometry with the spring very close to the swingarm achieves this.

While these premises are quite logical, they are not exactly gospel truth.

For one, good quality shocks can be perfectly matched - A lot of racing shock manufacturers can achieve this. Moreover swing arms of mono shock bikes tend to be extremely stiff and wide cross-sectioned. Such swing arms would never twist even if you had twin shocks.

Also springs can be made to behave nicely if they are manufactured right.

Ultimately it boils down to the fact that mono shocks appear in premium quality and modern bikes, so they almost always outperform dual shock motorbikes which are cheaply made ones, usually mounted in bikes of a lower price/quality range.

Dollar for dollar you could build equally well performing suspensions of either kind. [url]https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-diffe ... -bikes[url]
etc etc There is a heap of stuff on this on the net :D
He's buying a scooter, not a performance bike. The monoshock on a Click is on the side.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:45 pm
Raybull wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:07 pm
Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Raybull wrote:
Yep. I'll just add the airblade has two rear spring shocks while the Click only one, and the build quality of airblades (from Vietnam) is questionable whereas Click i believe are mostly Thai made, although the NCX is now available. Airblades are the moto of choice for the majority of foreigners, and the PCX will be a chore to sell it seems.

I dont know much about moto's, and I dont like the idea of having one shocker. But i guess it's like asking, '' why is having 3 hinges on a door better than two'' ? Two work perfectly ok but we are brainwashed into thinking
more is better.
When you hang solid wood doors, you need three.

If we work on that theory , then if you have two or more people on your moto ,, you need two shock absorbers on your bike.
No. I think you've lost the plot mate.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Raybull wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:41 pm
He's buying a scooter, not a performance bike. The monoshock on a Click is on the side.
Exactly and thats why I said it depends what yours looking for in a bike I just posted the arguments. Personally I bought the best performance small bike in my opinion. Other people want a different type of machines thats ok.
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

every one worrying about 1 or 2 shock's. I would be more likely be worrying about buying one of those shit Honda's with a front shoe brake. F***en useless.
Lex
Expatriate

Post by Lex »

Most foreigners I've known said they didn't like the Click though I haven't tried it. Airblade is the middle class gold standard in Vietnam where Clicks are not very common and almost always being ridden by petite Uni students
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Where I live, the Lead outnumbers the Airblade 20 to 1. I'm the weird one (because I'm on an Airblade). Okay not weird, just not nearly as common.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic