NEW ! Information on Work Permits.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

NEW ! Information on Work Permits.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thanks to Verona McColl for sharing that on Expats and Locals Living in Sihanoukville page.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Mrwhippy
Expatriate

Re: NEW ! Information on Work Permits.

Post by Mrwhippy »

I would love to get a work permit but the company I work for are not registered so online I am stuck. This is good info but not for the gullible suckers who paid all the back pay over the last few years 😉
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Are we absolutely sure that it states all back fees?
eg say I had 5 years worth of business visas - would that mean I would just need to pay for this years work permit, medical and working visa?
They would surely be losing a lot if that were indeed the case.
5 x 100 work permit back duty + 5 x 25 medical and the fine of 5 x 100.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've already had to pay back fines... Anyways, if I no longer have an employer in Cambodia, am I liable for a fine or something? Not unless I start working for a registered company again, correct?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I've already had to pay back fines... Anyways, if I no longer have an employer in Cambodia, am I liable for a fine or something? Not unless I start working for a registered company again, correct?
Khmer grey area, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Mrwhippy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:22 pm This is good info but not for the gullible suckers who paid all the back pay over the last few years.
Let us know how you get on when you're caught working illegally.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:17 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I've already had to pay back fines... Anyways, if I no longer have an employer in Cambodia, am I liable for a fine or something? Not unless I start working for a registered company again, correct?
Khmer grey area, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
I'm the same, 7 years of business visas but not one day working in the KoW. I'd get a work permit just to be in compliance of what ever grey area law.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I'm in the same boat as you Peck, have even tried getting a WP the last few years to avoid any issues, but without a business license or employer you can't get one anymore unfortunately.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Ya PSD, I don't foresee me working in the KoW but you never know. Plus if they do ever get around to visa changes, which have been talked about for years, we might be stuck in a technicality of having to pay.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I was lucky and had a never have to work permit for years, eventually ran out of money though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic