Cambodian politics and Khmers overseas.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian politics and Khmers overseas.

Post by Username Taken »

"Forward he cried from the rear,"
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

^ The guys in prison. Hardly fighting from the rear. Anyway, I though we were banned from posting anything anti CPP. I think for the interests of impartiality that should also include anything pro CPP as well.
See crook!!!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ I was referring to the diaspora abroad. Nothing anti CPP in that.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"^^ I was referring to the diaspora abroad. Nothing anti CPP in that."

Do you really really believe that?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

taabarang wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 pm "^^ I was referring to the diaspora abroad. Nothing anti CPP in that."

Do you really really believe that?
Do I really really have to break down my sentences for clarity?

"I was referring to the diaspora abroad." (= in my initial comment re 'forward he cried from the rear').

"Nothing anti CPP in that." (= my initial comment was in no way anti CPP) (this sentence does not carry on from the previous sentence).

You got it now? :please:
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

I thought it sounded rather pro CPP myself. That's why I commented.
See crook!!!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian refugees remember Hawke’s legacy
By Asia Times -
May 29, 2019
As Australia paid tribute to the recent passing of Bob Hawke, the country’s 23rd prime minister, this author sent a statement of condolence on behalf of Cambodian community in Australia to former prime minister Julia Gillard, describing Hawke as “the greatest peacetime leader Australia has ever had” and who “was an inspiration.”

Hawke’s policy in the early 1980s was deeply appreciated by Cambodian refugees who were accepted to settle in Australia. To Hawke, “every human being mattered.”

In Hawke’s memory, this is the right time for the author to retrace his former life as a refugee prior to settlement in Australia in 1983 – the year that Hawke became prime minister.

Just three days before Hawke’s passing, on May 13, friends and members of the author’s family gathered in Sydney to commemorate our arrival in Australia on that date in 1983. Typically, we reminisced about our past tragedies, and Hawke’s wisdom that afforded refugees the opportunity to make contributions to Australia.
In full: https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/05/opini ... es-legacy/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A 100 Day Ceremony Was Held for ex-Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke by the Cambodian Community in Australia.

Australia’s Cambodian community honour Bob Hawke as the man who gave them ‘peace and freedom’
Marking 100 days since his death, Australia's Cambodian community have paid tribute to former Prime Minister Bob Hawke, who played a crucial role in resettling refugees in the 1980s.
By SBS News -
August 25, 2019

At the Wat Khemarangsaram Buddist temple in Bonnyrigg in Sydney’s west, the Australian-Cambodian community honoured the life of Bob Hawke, the man they call ‘father’.

The service came 100 days after the former Prime Minister’s death.

The ceremony was held in line with Khmer tradition, marking a significant stage in the mourning process.
In full: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-s ... nd-freedom
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic