Food Poisoning?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Food Poisoning?

Post by WildA »

This seems to happen a lot? Or Not..

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/36948/ ... -hospital/
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Food Poisoning?

Post by hanno »

Are you surprised? Hygiene is non-existent in the KoW.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

your stomach gets used to it after a while lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 am your stomach gets used to it after a while lol
Too some things but not food poisoning or Salmonella. I made the mistake of trying the blood cockles of a cart once; big mistake!!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

op will be OK as he huddles shivering in the corner of his $120 room whilst eating cornflakes only
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 am your stomach gets used to it after a while lol
Too some things but not food poisoning or Salmonella. I made the mistake of trying the blood cockles of a cart once; big mistake!!
haha yeah you got to time them right lol
i often cook using the tap water, my stomach is probably infested with parasites :sign17:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Tap water to boil your rice is fine, I use the stuff out of the big tub if I'm not pouring it away. No good for the places with a lot of arsenic in the water. Not sure how you make poisonous noodles, unless it's with those pickled crabs
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 pm Tap water to boil your rice is fine, I use the stuff out of the big tub if I'm not pouring it away. No good for the places with a lot of arsenic in the water. Not sure how you make poisonous noodles, unless it's with those pickled crabs
Actually, both rice and pasta/noodles are excellent sources of a good dose of salmonella; especially when left to cool outside the fridge after cooking.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

You do build a certain amount of immunity/resistance to it. Stuff that I know would make me sick and does make me sick doesn't make my wife sick. She's sometimes even said I can't eat it, it'd make me sick but she cooks it and downs it.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 pm Tap water to boil your rice is fine, I use the stuff out of the big tub if I'm not pouring it away. No good for the places with a lot of arsenic in the water. Not sure how you make poisonous noodles, unless it's with those pickled crabs
Actually, both rice and pasta/noodles are excellent sources of a good dose of salmonella; especially when left to cool outside the fridge after cooking.
could be why i get ill sometimes, although its hard to tell with my lifestyle what the actual cause of an illness can be lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic